Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 1036 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. I've never heard the single mix of Rain and now I'm not sure that I want to!

2. Avoid it. At all costs!

idratherjack likes this.
  3. The middle 8 is an actual piece of art. If say Kate Bush had done it then it would be lauded as a masterpiece.

4. Did she have to give any writing credit for the Here Comes The Sun bit?

CDMCLP likes this.
  5. So funny seeing Sub Sub who's male performers went on to become the dour (but ace) Doves.

And Pressure us (Or was it US?) by Sunscreen was an absolute BOP.

6. It was just Pressure. The US refers to it being a remix package of US remixes - though it just confused everybody

7. Well someone should have told the label to make it clearer, as every track on both CD singles says Pressure US and then the remix name!

8. I've had debates with a friend of mine over whether it's really called Pressure Us or Pressure U.S. (remix). I've always simply known it as Pressure Us, but it looks like the latter is what they were really intending it to mean and so my friend is right.
    I remember my Beatles-loving dad annoying me about this line in Rain at the time - "Well, I hope she asked permission!"

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  9. I enjoyed hearing One Voice by Bill Tarmey again for the first time in 29 years. There, I said it.

10. Bill Tarrmey did have a pleasant voice if not for my tastes. Always came across as a very nice man too.

CDMCLP likes this.
  11. I used to find him easy on the eye! There, I've said it!

beautyneverlies likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

Phwoar!

Hairycub1969 and blod like this.
  13. Even when "dishy" David Essex was on the same show?! (David was incredibly out of tune by the way!)

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  14. I love how Robin S just looks like she's wandered in from an office (or off Barry Manilow's random office set - which was a bit wtf for a song that's all about love in a tropical paradise!) in her power suit rather than looking like a club diva! She was only 31!

The Beloved track reminded me of Annie Lennox's cover of Waiting in Vain. I wonder if she took inspiration from it? It's very similar in vibe.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    Leo1977, dangeleyes and blod like this.
  15. Regret by New Order is one of those songs that is praised but is so boring and lazy in its rhyming, and ruined as usual by boring Bernard's boring monotonous voice. I wish New Order had a better vocalist as I'd probably listen to them much more. I remember much preferring World (Price of Love), but haven't heard it in years.

blod and Hairycub1969 like this.
  16. Did I spot Supergran in the Bluebells video (plus Clare Grogan)?

simpsonaj, CDMCLP and lob0to like this.
  17. I always think the verse in Kelly Clarkson's 'My life would suck...' (especially verse 2) sounds like 'Regret'. It's definitely not one of New Order's best but it's decent enough.

unnameable and Hairycub1969 like this.
  18. Yes, I can hear that in my head without even listening to it. I tend to sing that in French though - Ma Vie Sucerait Sans Toi!

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  19. Why were there so many 1993 remixes of older songs? What prompted this and why exactly in 1993? Curious to hear people's thoughts on this.

beautyneverlies and Hairycub1969 like this.
  20. I just think clubbing really became big business and a remix of a well known track always went down well on the dancefloor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.