Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 603 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. She didn’t have her first child until the late 90s I think. I agree she looks great, it wasn’t a criticism.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  2. I thought she looked beautiful.

3. Which performance song of Kim Wilde are you guys talking about?

5. Ha, she doesn't look quite as big there as on my TV last night. I think I have ratio issues!

Servalan and Hairycub1969 like this.
  6. Talking of ratios (of television and not someone's body) why has it always been if I watch Top Of The Pops on BBC Four HD the show is in the original 4:3 format but if I have to watch it on BBC Four it is stretched into 16:9?

Is this unique to FreeSat? Why would they do it differently on what is the same channel?

7. I think this is what happens to some episodes with me. I don't always record from the same channel/source. Sometimes Freeview, Freesat or even Sky if nobody else is using it at the time.

Servalan, Hairycub1969 and Deborah X like this.
  8. Stunning as always.

9. Kimmy looked 97 degrees, 3 degrees short of Cant Get Enough Of Your Love in Paris 1990 (Officially the most amount of heat generated in a tv performance).

10. After re watching the Review Of The 80s', it was not a bad show as such I think, but give or take a couple, it was just a sea of bland acts who appeared to perform in the studio for it. And odd too how they didn't acknowledge Relax to be the biggest selling single for 1984 when they did for every other year apart form of course 1989. Auntie still prudish it would seem.

11. I think Band Aid and Stevie Wonder sold more than 'Relax' in 1984.

12. Yes!
    I guess the suspense of the Best selling Single of 1984 and the decade was kept until the end of the show when they ended with the "TOTPs Christmas 1984 show" performance of Band Aid's "Do they know it's Christmas" infamous for:
    - Paul Weller doing a "Bono"
    - Holly and Paul from Frankie "Man-dancing" together after they'd performed "Relax" on the show!

13. and Simon Le Bon miming a line that wasn't there

14. Fire!

15. Ah yes! Silly me! I'll let Auntie off this time!

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  16. 'Relax' being classed as "techno" was a sight to behold.

I guess they meant it as in "technology" rather than "Techno! Techno! Techno! Techno!"

17. Oh dear!

Servalan, Hairycub1969 and CDMCLP like this.
  18. There was no limits to the cringe factor of that TOTPs episode!

CDMCLP and Servalan like this.
  19. I wouldn't techno for an answer....

20. Again, dear old Auntie Beeb. Trying to be with it and alas not.

CDMCLP, Servalan, lob0to and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.