Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 746 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. There are few disappointments in my life that compare to the first time I heard Spaceman in full.

2. Hearing 'Beautiful cause you love me' for the first time was FAR more disappointing.

'Insert 'well, it's over' gif.

3. So true. But one of the B-sides on the CD single was the speeded up intro repeated over and over, how it should always have been.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  4. I remember being very disappointed by it too. Nobody expected that futuristic techno drum n bass with a chipmunk voice to become some grungey rock song. But it grew on me as the weeks went by.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  5. levis.jpg

From Q magazine in 1998. Jeans went out of fashion around about the end of the 90's everyone was wearing combat trousers.

Servalan, phoenix123, Booers and 3 others like this.

6. The last Levi's ad I remember

7. October 1990.png
    UK top 40 new entries for October 1990

8. At least 7 or 8 corkers there that stormed my charts.

9. So Hard standing out like the class it is. I have the 12” framed.

10. Didn’t understand a word MC Tunes was saying. He really was awful. Is there an instrumental version?

11. I see the return of Whitney Houston. Am sold.

12. I can't wait for more mean and moody A-ha! Isn't it time for them to make a comeback?!

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I don’t remember this Neneh Cherry performance or that she performed one of the (inferior) remixes!

Servalan, phoenix123, lob0to and 2 others like this.
  14. Was there a strange edit part way through the Beautiful South's performance or was it my TV reception jumping?

beautyneverlies likes this.
  15. Brixton Bass Mix I believe of 'Skin', no wonder it wasn't a hit, the LP version was much much better.

So Hard shoulda coulda been number one, mystery why not but I recollect my mates not being massively impressed and turning their backs because of it.

Am I the only one who loves MC Tunes, lyrical rhythmical genius (bleep, bleep etc)

The Sisters track wasn't one I massively recollect, far more rock than the awesome Corrosion, Dominion etc.

I have fallen in love with Briana Corrigan though..

16. The backing singers were the best part of that long Sisters of Mercy song, but we only got to see them in action once.

Servalan, Blaahh, blod and 4 others like this.
  17. "Some people get by........"

More was almost self-parody, but self-parody never sounded so good.

unnameable and Hairycub1969 like this.
  18. Hairycub1969 and Deborah X like this.
  19. As 1990 goes on, the episodes are getting better and better thankfully

The Sisters of Mercy sounded like a slowed down Rebel Yell to me, I was waiting for it to kick in with more, more, more

Loved 808 State and MC Tunes, not really a fan of male rappers unless it's Grandmaster Flash or Sugarhill Gang, but MC Tunes is decent, probably because he's not rapping about women or cars or drinking in the club

Status Quo can still do one though!

Blaahh, Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.