Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 807 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Soundtrack to a Generation is as naff as it is wonderful, and it’s what made me a Human League fan

2. There's only one thing I can say to that: Holy cow!

3. The most cringe HL lyric must be 'Tolerating propaganda/From your girlfriend Alexandra/With her secret memoranda'

4. I think that's a work of genius, unlike "Leave your cornflakes in your freezers, leave your chocolates and your cheeses"

What where they thinking?

5. There are no cringe HL lyrics. It's what I love about them!

6. No, baby, no, baby, baby, baby, no!

7. I'm sure WB could have reissued Seven Wonders, post Little Lies pop breakthrough, somewhere in late 87 or early 88. Instead of the Lindsey tracks which were never going to be hits, and were after he'd quit.

8. Oh! I think this is genius. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing!

9. "I believe in truth, though I lie a lot"

10. I always thought 'Filling up with heaven' sounds like this:

11. I did find the "classic Christmas hits" segment odd, especially as this was before a time when those songs actually make it back into the charts at Christmas.

For years my husband/brother/assorted friends and I have played a game where you have to reach Xmas day without hearing Noddy shout "IT'S CHRIIIIIISTMAAASSSS!" So hearing the song made my stomach drop immediately. I was ready to grab the remote and turn off before I remembered it's May and we're not playing.

12. Catching on XMAS 1990... Howling at Bombalurina's bikini t-shirts. Do we reckon they were asked to cover up for Christmas, or was it just too cold in December for just a bikini top?

Booers likes this.
  13. On one of them the boobs were far too low!

14. But enough about Timmy Mallett.

15. I still can't believe Timmy Mallet had the balls to do a follow up single, #1 or no #1!

16. Hairycub1969 likes this.
  17. I'm not expecting it to be on BBC Four now anyway. That they're waiting for the right moment to put it on a Saturday night on BBC Two seems like the only semi-logical reason we've not had it yet.

18. Looking forward to The Story Of 1991 whenever it eventually happens!

blod, dancevision and Hairycub1969 like this.
  19. There was also an album!!!!!

CDMCLP, dancevision and phoenix123 like this.
  20. Oh dear, oh dear!

dancevision and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.