Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm | Page 901 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4 Thursday/Friday 7.30pm

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Nicky will be back!

2. I quite like Nicky Campbell. I quite like all of them apart from Anthea but even she has an insane charm. So I'll be losing a LOT this coming fortnight. Being Australian, I've never seen any of these episodes before apart from the odd YouTube clip here and there.

CDMCLP, phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  3. I still miss the Peter Powell/Janice Long era of the mid-80s. Though not missing Simon Bates, Steve Wright or Mike Smith at all.

Servalan, CDMCLP and phoenix123 like this.
  4. If the Poppies make TOTP with RSVP we'll get to see them in the video! (I had to check if that was some sort of fever dream, but no, there is a very poor quality upload on YouTube and they were indeed in it.)

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  5. Link please because nothing comes up for me and I’m Gayle & Gillian obsessed!

6. Urgh I don't know if this will work properly because I'm on my phone but here we go:

7. I remember 'The Twins' being on the cover of Smash Hits and reading the song lyrics...but I never heard or saw the song once.

I obviously love it now...

CDMCLP and Hairycub1969 like this.
  8. I seem to remember the Twins having a song on a covermount cassette tape, if not Smash Hits then one of the other teen mags of the time?

CDMCLP and beautyneverlies like this.
  9. I know there's a liking for shit PWL pop (see also Kakko) but the twins were barely a step up from the Fat Slags or the Sheilas.

RaggedTiger likes this.
  10. Just catching up on the last couple of episodes. I know I may be slightly biased but Kylie was soo beautiful on this episode, a real natural beauty. Also, why is The Big L not very popular round these parts? It’s a great catchy pop song. Sabrina Johnston has a great voice, she was living her best life up there!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  11. ^No need to be biased when it comes to Kylie!

Cowboystyle likes this.
  12. Sabrina Johnston serving Katrin Quinol beauty with Loleatta Hathaway vocals. Truly one of a kind. Blackbox should have snatched.

blod, Cowboystyle, popdorian and 2 others like this.
  13. Eeek!!

Servalan likes this.
  14. It would be worth going to a real one if you get to experience a recreation of that motorbike accident, or you get to sit and watch a hologram of Vanessa Feltz have her CBB meltdown.

15. Sponsorship by Cadbury flake....

16. Pity...I was looking forward to this year's Anthea Turner Prize shortlist.

phoenix123, Hairycub1969 and lob0to like this.
  17. This is genius.

phoenix123 likes this.
  18. Clearly fake. Nobody would believe Stoke looks like that.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  19. I have to say, SexKylie of '91 was amazing. No wonder I stanned her so hard. Also, seeing Runrig close out the 6 September episode was a blast from the plast.

The dance acts miming like crazy....well at least Oceanic had good dancers. The KLF a few months back knew how to do it in style.

Also is the video for Roxette's "Big L" full of oiled men in tight shorts? Whatever it takes to make Marie happy I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.