Top of the Pops BBC4

I'm a couple of eps behind. When Jamiroquai were on doing Too Young To Die I think I spotted Max Beesley on keyboards. Jay Kay gave a fantastic vocal on that.

And I love PM Dawn's Looking Through Patyeint Eyes. They're seen as a one hit wonder with Set Adrift ... but this is a forgotten gem (not forgotten by me due its appearance on my first ever CD NOW of NOW 24 - that was the one that started my obsession and the collecting began).

Agreed, I whipped out the rather fine 90s remix comp Connected and enjoyed the track for a couple of days. Anyone heard the Marxman album?

I have it, one of those Music Mapgie purchases when they were 1p plus postage, I think. I put all the singles into my iTunes, and like them all, but not listened to the whole thing.

Checked my March/April 1993 Music Weeks, and:

no sign of a re-issue
no sign of any TV promo
no sign of anything that would re-ignite sales

so it must have just recharted on the strength of people out there wanting the single belatedly for some reason!

Re Celine Dion's "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" randomly charting in the UK in 1993 - I've actually just found it listed in MW for 06/03/93

upload_2022-7-21_22-43-50.png

Yet I can't find any evidence that these releases actually exist! They're not on Discogs or eBay. They're not listed on these pretty extensive Celine Dion discographies here or here.

So does that mean the reissues were cancelled? Yet.. it still managed to chart?

Unless something extremely dodgy went on, the only other explanation I can think of is that they didn't bother pressing them because they thought it would flop, but they had enough copies of the original release lying in a warehouse that they sent those out instead?

I have about 20 albums on the go at the moment, there isn’t enough time to listen to them when I also slide in much loved remembered albums. Today Introducing The Hardline (TTD) and Whoops Goes The Neighbourhood (Blow Monkeys) dominated the cd player, the second would be good for an EG deluxe set? As the first would be but hope the official one is out soon…

IWhoops Goes The Neighbourhood (Blow Monkeys) would be good for an EG deluxe set?
Ha, don't give me ideas. I do have the Pays To Belong CD single shaped like a pound coin, and the original CD. Might be interesting to do, with the Choice and Slaves No More singles added on, plus whatever mixes of Wait are out there.

Re Celine Dion's "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" randomly charting in the UK in 1993 - I've actually just found it listed in MW for 06/03/93

View attachment 35488

Yet I can't find any evidence that these releases actually exist! They're not on Discogs or eBay. They're not listed on these pretty extensive Celine Dion discographies here or here.

So does that mean the reissues were cancelled? Yet.. it still managed to chart?

Unless something extremely dodgy went on, the only other explanation I can think of is that they didn't bother pressing them because they thought it would flop, but they had enough copies of the original release lying in a warehouse that they sent those out instead?

I love this Celine classic.
Maybe it was a local hit, some random station playing it and creating a buzz.