Top of the Pops BBC4

What? WHAT. That instrumental is THE sound of that year for me. And i have such great memories clubbing to it. An anthem!

Maybe John Reid wanted to sing the proper version and not the remix? How would he have sung the gibberish anyway? I'd have loved it though just mime them and have the icons from the video just recreate it onstage.
Their lives again
Their lives will pull us through

What? WHAT. That instrumental is THE sound of that year for me. And i have such great memories clubbing to it. An anthem!

Maybe John Reid wanted to sing the proper version and not the remix? How would he have sung the gibberish anyway? I'd have loved it though just mime them and have the icons from the video just recreate it onstage.

So overplayed. I was a club kid in those days as well and I hated it then as well. It was a definite 'leave the dancefloor/go the bar' song. It's the gibberish vocals I can't bear.

she/her
I always get the feeling that Keith Allen is one of those people who nobody actually invites to anything because he's tedious, he just shows up and everyone thinks "it's too much hassle to tell him to go, we'll just put up with him now".

Anyway. Otherwise uneventful episodes really. You CANNOT all tell me you can listen to Push The Feeling On and not think about used car sales at some point.

Oh, one other thing. Glam Metal Detectives, does anyone else remember the TV show? I literally dragged it from the furthest recesses of my brain that that's what it was from. I didn't even recognise Doon Mackichan on keyboards.
I had to Google them - I recognised her, then another comedian… it baffled me!!!

Oh, one other thing. Glam Metal Detectives, does anyone else remember the TV show? I literally dragged it from the furthest recesses of my brain that that's what it was from. I didn't even recognise Doon Mackichan on keyboards.
This song had been haunting me for about 20 years as I could picture the group, I could picture the song being sung near a bus but I couldn’t find what it was - I also had a vague memory of a VHS I had that I’d recorded from the TV and it had like a section of channel hopping and then the song appeared. After seeing them on the show last night, I had a look on Wikipedia and it all made sense as the show they were from had channel hopping as the basis of the sketches! Honestly, what a relief! I also had no idea it was Doon.

I always get the feeling that Keith Allen is one of those people who nobody actually invites to anything because he's tedious, he just shows up and everyone thinks "it's too much hassle to tell him to go, we'll just put up with him now".
This is why it always irked me when people gave him so much credit for Lily's rise to fame. He's never been an A-lister. The most memorable thing he's ever done is Shallow Grave and he's the fucking corpse!

Last edited:
This is why it always irked me when people gave him so much credit for Lily's rise to fame. He's never been an A-lister. The most memorable thing he's ever done is Shallow Grave and he's the fucking corpse!

He’s legitimately great in Bodies (everyone in the UK watch on Netflix now!) but yes, that was a huge anomaly!

This song had been haunting me for about 20 years as I could picture the group, I could picture the song being sung near a bus but I couldn’t find what it was - I also had a vague memory of a VHS I had that I’d recorded from the TV and it had like a section of channel hopping and then the song appeared. After seeing them on the show last night, I had a look on Wikipedia and it all made sense as the show they were from had channel hopping as the basis of the sketches! Honestly, what a relief! I also had no idea it was Doon.
I remember my friend at school getting mildly excited about the Glam Metal Detectives (or whatever the related programme was called) being launched, to a bit of a fanfare by the BBC. I think I watched one episode, then it got completely forgotten about - until last night!

I remember my friend at school getting mildly excited about the Glam Metal Detectives (or whatever the related programme was called) being launched, to a bit of a fanfare by the BBC. I think I watched one episode, then it got completely forgotten about - until last night!
I'm sure I watched every episode despite it being pretty terrible!