Top of the Pops BBC4 | Page 972 | The Popjustice Forum

Top of the Pops BBC4

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Great song, great film, even one of her better acting performances.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  2. Still one last hurrah to come in 1994.

Servalan, CDMCLP and Hairycub1969 like this.
  3. This used to be my playground is a very average album track at best.

popdorian likes this.
  4. I would never have guessed the female singer from Ain't No Doubt was also the voice of 1992 rave track A Juicy Red Apple by Skin Up!

Sylvia doesn't seem to be credited on the Ain't No Doubt single, at least according to Discogs. Only inside the album booklet.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  5. I think it's her most underrated ballad - I prefer it to all the singles from Erotica that followed it.

Some really good stuff on the latest episodes, 'Achy Breaky Heart' expected of course, which was and is utter crap. I'm also relieved to hear we've skipped the horror that was 'Sesame's Treet'.

I'm also a subscriber to the newletter that 'Ain't No Doubt' is an absolute tune. 'She's lying' became a playground catchphrase for years after that.

dangeleyes, Servalan and Eric Generic like this.
  6. This used to be my playground is an absolute beauty. One of her best ballads and absolutely deserves of single status hence being a US number one, not to mention the Golden Globe nomination. Those strings!!!! Just open your heart to the song. It’s beautiful.

Pretty Places, blod, CDMCLP and 4 others like this.
  7. Sign me up to the This Used To Be My Playground fan club (or as Boy George famously quipped This Used To Be My Video). It's one of Madonna's most beautiful songs.

Pretty Places, blod, Booers and 5 others like this.
  8. The 90's contain some of Madge's best ballads:
    This used to be my playground
    Bad Girl
    Secret
    You'll see

I love the "Songs to Remember" CD!

9. I love Something To Remember too, it's a very soothing listen.

This is Madonna's most underrated ballad for me

Stunning.

10. Absolutely! It's one of my favourite Madonna songs. Never liked the 'Radio Remix' though.

11. The middle 8 in Rain is amazing.

12. You’ve all forgotten about the amazing I’ll Remember, so lush and perfectly 90s. Considering she was an artist known for her dance pop hits, she did some amazing ballads.

blod, lob0to, dangeleyes and 4 others like this.
  13. Some great Madonna choices - her ballads were usually top drawer stuff and really suited her.

14. The middle 8 has the best lyrics she ever did. When she had the lyrics 'feel it in your body sing la de da de' only an album later, I was so depressed at the drop in quality.

15. Classic
    Classic
    Classic

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  16. So glad nobody's mentioned Take a Bow.

Oops...

lob0to and Hairycub1969 like this.
  17. Oh yes. Madonna's is a great and unique video, until you realise Boy George did exactly the same thing five years earlier in 1987!

blod, lob0to, idratherjack and 4 others like this.
  18. I love "Take a bow" - we robbed it of a UK Top 10.peak!

Servalan, blod, dangeleyes and 3 others like this.
  19. Something To Remember, but a title to forget!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    blod, Rooneyboy, dangeleyes and 3 others like this.
  20. Ha! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.