Tori Amos - General Discussion | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Tori Amos - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Victor Fairbanks, Jul 7, 2007.

1. OK the way Native Invader as a whole just blew me out of the water after feeling relatively "yes this is quite fine" since it came out. Like girl. "Wings."

2. I love the original, but the '98 tour version is the superior one. "Hang-ten hang-ten honey I'm gonna go where she goes, I believe in a something... I believe in that girl... I believe that she's the devil, bitch"

3. It’s that time of year again!

Boys for Pele
    Little Earthquakes
    Under the Pink
    The Beekeeper
    Scarlets Walk
    From the Choirgirl Hotel
    Unrepentant Geraldines

I haven’t had a true moment with these albums so they are pretty interchangeable but I have been listening to Native Invader a lot recently.

Native Invader
    American Doll Posse
    To Venus and Back
    Abnormally Attracted to Sin
    Night of Hunters

Faceintheleaves and Coolrockgirl like this.
  4. I don't think I've been excited for a Tori album for years... I think I'm excited. I'm not sure if I should lower my expectations just in case though.

Coolrockgirl likes this.

5. Strange Little Tour was something else.

6. The run Earthquakes-Pink-Pele-Choirgirl-Venus has to surely be one of the best album runs in history.

jj_, nikkysan, tommylander and 9 others like this.
  7. Looking at Tori photos from the Strange Little Girls era and ugh, the beauty that that has.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Her most full vocal range. The versions of 'Horses' and 'Past The Mission' on it are insane!

xOJakeXo and enjoy like this.
  9. Strange Little Webcast was just incredible.

xOJakeXo and Andy French like this.
  10. 1 minute 30 in and I know it's going to be perfect.

RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  11. Pretty new to Tori this year but as far as I am concerned this is one of the greatest songs ever

12. What a song! One of my all-time favourites.

cometomyparty and xOJakeXo like this.
  13. yep thats top tier Tori for me. The whole Choirgirl album is incredible.

14. I've called "Spark" my favorite song of all time on more than one occasion.

Espeon and SlowBurn like this.
  15. The FIRE

P'NutButter likes this.
  16. Speaking of 'Spark', I've been listening to the Legs & Boots series lately and early on that tour (American Doll Posse 2007) performing 'Spark' Tori would avoid the last really high "but you DON'T!" part and just sing it quite light and nasal. But something snapped midway through the tour and the way she just goes for it is just incredible and it makes me get goosebumps every time.

17. I vaguely recall this too, and it's also why the live versions post 98 are rarely good. Which shows did she snap on?

18. “Spark” for me is a rare instance of a Tori song being far better in the studio than she ever pulled it off live. Something about the studio version, particularly after the bridge, has an element of insanity and losing control about it. Whereas the live versions have never really lived up to that.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.