Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 14, 2020.

1. I’m not a fan of Christmas albums but I’m glad to see Matt & Jon are back and I know her new album is completed, so it’s just a matter of time now

2. I’m devastated that it’s Christmas music, after Resistance I was expecting something huge. Sigh.

3. I am glad to hear that, then.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. The new album is done and was supposed to be released before voting day, but it’s delayed due to COVID. I’m looking at this EP as a cute little side project.

5. This is likely just a small "gift" to the fans.

I'm hoping for a gorgeous piano/vocal song.

Trouble in Paradise and clowezra like this.
  6. Yeah, that’s how I see this EP, too. Tori pretty much revealed that she was planning her usual album/tour schedule for 2020 before COVID derailed things. The appearance of Matt and Jon makes me think they must’ve been or are involved in the new record. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Tori scrapped a lot of what was written since it seems like the virus and the election would inform what she puts out next. I can understand why they’d rather release something like this in the meantime.

7. Bear in mind Tori’s Mum and her best friend died within a week of each other, I think this album might explore that more so than the election.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. I’m not opposed to it. I hope whatever comes with the full album better slay though hen.

9. The Midwinter Graces artwork is a pretty low bar to clear:

[​IMG]

This photo shoot also happens in the dead center of what I call her "standing there staring with forlorn resignation at something out of frame" era.

10. There'd be a fantastic Christmas EP to be made out of Midwinter Graces so I'm perched anyway. Nice to see her embracing brevity and hopefully it won't be too long before the album's out.

11. Otherwise known as Fori.

It got worse and peaked with “Gold Dust” where he eye makeup was so heavy, she had to tip her head back every time she wanted to see. Thankfully she did return to a more natural look for Geraldines and Native Invader, although the recent spin photo was VERY airbrushed.

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  12. ......yikes - that cover.

dylbop likes this.
  13. Christmastide, mistletoe and wine.

14. It’s back up for sale, managed to snag one.
    That Christmas card better be hand written for the price.

15. I loved Midwinter Graces.

So I'm kinda happy she's giving us this. New Tori always put a smile on my face.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  16. The title track is apparently available on some streaming services, although I can’t find it on AppleMusic or Amazon. Doesn’t seem to be on Spotify UK either

JonBcn likes this.
  17. What streaming services? I don’t see it on US Spotify either?

18. I just read it’s on Amazon Music which I don’t have. Hopefully it will be on Spotify later.

JonBcn likes this.
  19. I always wondered what it would take for me to finally give in and install Amazon Music. So now I know.

The track is nice. Mid-tempo, subtle instrumentation, maybe close to something off 'Scarlet's Walk' sonically. Double tracked vocals. Nice to hear her sing over Matt and Jon again. Ultimately it's a Christmas song, and I find it hard to be enthusiastic about those, but I already like it more than almost anything on 'Midwinter Graces'

relby, xOJakeXo and Coolrockgirl like this.
  20. I just listened for the first time. I actually really like it. It’s better than anything on Midwinter Graces. It’s also my favourite Tori/Tash collab so far. Their voices work so well together in this way. The song is also really well produced and mixed and it’s wonderful to hear her play with Matty & Jon again.

Only criticism is that Tori’s voice a bit shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.