Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour | Page 50 | The Popjustice Forum

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Yes! I love both aspects but it does sometimes give me cognitive dissonance at the “sometimes a girl has to tango alone” part!

2. In some ways, Tori tours are like mini eras. She's never repeated herself. From piano, to adding guitar, to adding a harpsichord, to adding a band, another version of the band, an organ, a string quartet, double keyboards - the setup and the songs are never the same. Basically she releases a new live album each night. The setlist differentiation, renditions of favorites, surprise debuts, covers - Tori Amos deserves credit for being one of the greatest live acts of our time.

All to say, with a drummer and bassist being added back into the mix and not having a full band with her since 2009, I'm getting excited for this upcoming tour. Let's use this thread to chat about it and share videos? Who has tickets?

Fuchsia, Espeon, Andy French and 2 others like this.
  3. She’s in rehearsals… and the organ is back!

4. I'm excited for the tour but also gutted that Unforumzed doesn't exist anymore, which also means it's highly unlikely bootleg recordings of each show will pop up.

5. it won’t be the same without Unforumzed setlist freak outs. I even missed the take tracklists this time around

P'NutButter likes this.
  6. Many of the same unf users are on a Discord that will absolutely cover the shows and post boots.

https://discord.gg/AWVDXJy4

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. I do wonder whether the European tour will actually happen or not… I have tickets for Vienna but I’m not very hopeful.

8. Vinyl looks nice from what I’ve seen on social media.
    Seems like there were definitely better pics that could have been used for an album cover though...

9. The mainland European tour is postponed but UK and Ireland will go ahead as scheduled.

10. I read a rumor on Twitter the US tour would be announced this week, but nothing.

11. Such a shame for Tori and her crew, I know they were working hard to get out on the road.

Equally as gutted for the fans, this is the longest she’s ever been without touring.

I’ve done my fair share of following her tours for years, I’ve done multiple shows since 2003, but due to life this will probably be my last

12. Can she do some kind of online stream? I have seen her many times, but this is her first band tour in awhile, which is why I really want to see her.

13. Digging her new wig and she looks refreshed. So excited to see what these live shows are like!

14. NA tour confirmed!

15. The way her website doesn't work...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.