Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean + World Tour

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 14, 2020.

1. That's definitely the wrong setlist nn. I remember the only 10s she gave me were Reindeer King and Pretty Good Year and the rest was a collection of random midtempos.

2. Oh if she did Reindeer King then it was the Native Invader tour, not Geraldine’s.

3. Milan 2017 is still pretty solid.

• iieee
    • Butterfly
    • Northern Lad
    • Spark
    • Pretty Good Year
    • Pancake
    Fake Muse Network

• She’s Always A Woman (Billy Joel)
    • Lovesong (The Cure)
    • Reindeer King
    • Apollo’s Frock
    • Flavor
    • Marianne
    • Bliss
    Encore
    • Leather
    • A Sorta Fairytale

4. oop, right!

Ah I forgot Spark! But yeah pretty much none of my ultimate faves showed up. It was strange not to get a single song from Little Earthquakes either.

5. Doughnut Song with the band sounds so fucking good. One of her masterpieces, for sure.

6. Tori is taking requests for the US tour. Tell her what song you want to hear and the show you are going to!

7. I’m going to the Maryland show and requested Northern Lad and Playboy Mommy.

8. Playboy Mommy is a definite possibility but I’m not sure she can belt Northern Lad anymore

9. My sad self would love Marianne, Dear Jupiter or Strange/Taxi Ride

wodny, clowezra and Coolrockgirl like this.
  10. Tomorrow night the tour starts up again in Dallas. I love following the set lists online.

11. I’ll be there! My first Tori Texas show, first time in Dallas, and my first time seeing opening night of a tour. Curious if she’ll swap out some of the staples from the UK leg.

12. I’m guessing the songs from the new album will probably be the same, but she might swap out some of the older ones.

13. Yes, she usually switches it for the US, where the setlists are usually better than in Europe (sadly).

Andrew likes this.
  14. '29 Years' has to appear soon surely?

15. she hasn’t done that for a long time. The tour staples have been the same since before Scarlet.

I suspect Juarez into Bouncing off Clouds will remain as the opener, Devils Bane into Cornflake Girl will end and Spies will open the encore.

16. I would say that is fairly unlikely given that this is a band tour.

17. How was the Dallas show?

xOJakeXo and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  18. Pleased 'Purple People' has appeared!!

Coolrockgirl and Andy French like this.
  19. What a show. I went into it excited but anxious about how she’d sound based on the album and the UK tour. My fears were alleviated after the first two songs, and she kept getting better. She even attempted some of the notes she dodged the first time around. Most importantly, her energy and engagement was palpable. The crowd was feeding her and she gave it back. She made a “gay gay gay gay” joke about being asked about living in Florida.

Purple People, Silent All These Years, Black Dove, and surprisingly Mother Revolution we’re my highlights. Devil’s Bane and Addition of Light Divided sounded great alongside the older songs. Really excited to hear what else she wheels out in Texas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.