Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Circle of Seasons is gorgeous. Definitely the highlight. The rest are okay, but not given it many listens yet. The production is quite reminiscent of the early 00s, though as usual the electric guitar (mainly prominent on Better Angele) sounds pretty awful.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  2. YES. And Garlands.

tylerc904 and adayasatiger like this.
  3. If anything what excites me most about this EP is the fact that she's working with Jon and Matt again, and hopefully that also carries over to the new album.

4. The album is finished and from what T said during the promo for Resistance, they did play on it.

5. My vinyl arrived today - looks great.

I also went to that tour, Under The Pink Tour I think, saw the London date. Fantastic. I've only seen her 3 times, and that was definitely the finest

6. I saw her twice, Under The Pink era and Night of Hunters. She was excellent both times. The audience immediately around us at the latter were a little much in terms of shushing us talking when she wasn’t even due on stage for 20 minutes.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  7. “When you’ve been around for as long as I have, even if somebody doesn’t really like what I do, they have to acknowledge that I’ve lasted. I mean, I turned pro at 13 and I’m 57 now,” she adds proudly. “You do the math.”

Fuck yeah!

8. I've made a version of 'Better Angels' with the guitars lower in the mix, it doesn't sound perfect but her voice is clearer and less "husband" ruining things so I'm keeping it.

RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  9. The EP’s title track is currently her fourth most streamed song on US Spotify, which is a pleasant surprise!

Also, I think Holly is the One™️ from this for me.

xOJakeXo, tylerc904 and wodny like this.
  10. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I’ve only just got around to listening to the EP. It’s cute I guess, but I feel like the kind of artist she is just...doesn’t really suit the EP format.

However, Better Angels is fantastic despite the dodgy mastering. The way it just...cuts straight through the coziness of the other three songs and ends the record on a very jarring yet very poignant note. This is the side of Tori I love the most.

RidesOnTheBreeze likes this.
  11. My signed Christmastide vinyl and signed art card finally showed up today...except neither are signed. Absolutely gutted.

Did this happen to anyone else?

12. The signed art card is actually just a printed postcard, not hand signed.
    It should be inserted into the inside of the gatefold sleeve.

13. Yep, that’s there alright. No signature anywhere at all on the vinyl though.

14. Mine came with a 12” hand signed print.

15. Yes, me too. I wrote them an email about it, and never got a response.

SlowBurn likes this.
  16. I've found her store customer service to be dreadful. I purchased a Boys for Pele vinyl from them and am currently fighting a battle to get it. They just keep saying that the purchase doesn't exist, even though I have screenshots from Paypal to show I've paid for it. They're infuriatingly useless and take weeks to reply to any email.

JonBcn and SlowBurn like this.
  17. No way. That's dreadful! What a shoddy service. I won't let this lie, that's for sure.

JonBcn and Coolrockgirl like this.
  18. I had a few crappy customer service nightmares over Christmas and just kind of decided to let this one slide as I have been fortunate enough to accumulate plenty signed Tori stuff over the years. However, that was because I thought I was just an unlucky blip - seeing that other people have the same issue encourages me to get back in touch, as that's really poor of them.

Coolrockgirl and SlowBurn like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.