Toro Gato (Kat Graham) | The Popjustice Forum

Toro Gato (Kat Graham)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Sep 14, 2015.

1. The album cover is an absolute mess (that font) but Graffiti was a bop so I'll listen.

2. I'm not sure why she's changed directions with her music but judging by the previews it wasn't a good decision.

3. K94

K94

She shouldn't have been 'Power' - it really should have gone to someone bigger and better to get the success it deserved.

I love 'What About Your Friends' but 1991 is a bit too basic.

4. I unashamedly love 1991. The cover is an absolute mess.

5. I like 1991 too. I was however disappointing in Secrets (feat. Babyface), he vocally doesn't even feature on it.

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

What is her voice?

TRAVVV, Square and K94 like this.
  7. I was hoping Wanna Say, Heart Killer, etc. would be on it...

8. I want to like her. I really do. she has the looks and can dance but her voice is non existant. she can't sing at all. Not only she lacks the range, her tone is really annoying. some of her songs are quite good though, they just should have gone to someone else.

9. I feel like 'Where is her voice?' might be the more salient question.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  10. I hate her character on Vampire Diaries so I know this won't be a good album.

11. I agree with the voice comments. And that cover. . . Someone make a new one, please. I'm not super into 1991, but, you know, they can't all be winners. I just reached the rapping point, um, I'm not feeling it.

12. The cover is very Paula Abdul - 'Spellbound.' And coincidentally, the best song this girl has put out was her cover of Cold Hearted Snake.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She can't sing. Like, her 'technique' is basically pushing noise out and hoping it works.

14. I Want It All is the only decent song she's released and that was so autotuned. I think she's a brilliant dancer but a popstar? Not so much.

15. I love Bonnie from The Vampire Diaries.

16. The album sounds great can't wait to actually get it! 1991 was a cut single swell as Secrets

17. I don't see her doing a residency at anyone's home city so if the bops are there and as good as Graffiti and Power who cares?

18. I just died. It's like hearing someone underwater or something like that. Horrible voice. Surely she can't be the only one not to notice?

Even Geri Halliwell did it better

19. Wow this came out of nowhere. Let's be honest, this girl can't sing, but her tunes have been stellar up to this day + I'm loving the whole 90's/New Jack Swing vibe I'm getting from the project. The whole project comes across as a lost new jack swing gem from 1991, with that trashy cover and whatnot. Loving this! Take my money Kat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.