Torres – Silver Tongue & general | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Torres – Silver Tongue & general

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by A&E, Jan 27, 2015.

1. New album! "Silver Tongue", due January 31, the single is impeccable.

01 “Good Scare”
    02 “Last Forest”
    03 “Dressing America”
    04 “Records Of Your Tenderness”
    05 “Two Of Everything”
    06 “Good Grief”
    07 “A Few Blue Flowers”
    08 “Gracious Day”
    09 “Silver Tongue

Pre-orders over here: https://smarturl.it/SilverTongue

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    2014, A&E, AshleyKerwin and 3 others like this.
  2. Fuck, this is gorgeous. Also I just reread that SPIN interview from this summer and her description of the album as "Enya meets Phil Collins' Tarzan soundtrack" got me properly perched.

AshleyKerwin and LE0Night like this.
  3. This is amazing! So glad to have her back. Her first album and Sprinter were brilliant, but I wasn’t as big on her last album. But things look promising for this one.

A&E and AshleyKerwin like this.
    A&E and AshleyKerwin like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Indie/alt/art poppers let's go!

When I attended Tegan and Sara's Love You to Death tour in 2016, I came away from the show wanting to know more about the opener. Said opener turned out to be Torres and I've been a fan since. I did a search and it seems that there's been no thread made so here it is.

Torres dropped her fourth full length album Silver Tongue, today (1/31). It seems to not be getting a ton of noise which is an absolute shame since the same thing happened with her previous full length Three Futures and she was ultimately dropped from 4AD.

The album is an incredibly lush experience. Something that's nice to truly vibe to. I know that can be a borderline incoherent statement to make and it's subjective but please understand. It's early but this will be one of my absolute faves of 2020. I can feel it in my bones.

Gonna do a second post to highlight two singles from Silver Tongue then an earlier fave.

6. I've always been interested into Torres without ever fully getting the hype (I feel like one of the NPR music guys is obsessed with her). "Sprinter" is a great song and some of her work gives me serious Amanda Palmer vibes along with St Vincent (both great things for me). I'm enjoying Silver Tongue a lot on first listen but she sounds SO MUCH like someone and I can't put my finger on it. Also you're right on about the album having an overall ~vibe~

The Hot Rock likes this.
  7. Loving this! Much better than Three Futures!

8. A&E

A&E

I'm really liking the sound of the new album, she really hasn't made two albums that sound the same huh?

I was going to say Dressing America just might be the most gorgeous song of the year so far but then A Few Blue Flowers came on and now I can't decide. Also, Gracious Day still gives me chills.

9. A&E

A&E

I tend to sleep with my. boots. on.

[​IMG]

Should I need to gallop over dark wa-ter

[​IMG]

TO YOUUUUUUUU
    on short notice

[​IMG]

TO YOUUUUUUUU
    on short notice

[​IMG]

10. The Hot Rock likes this.
  11. Giving this a spin now, and enjoying it waaaaay more than the last one.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I can't see another thread just searching for Torres I'm afraid!

This album is quite good though.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  13. It’s in the Potential Next Big Things which I think has created the confusion!

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oh yes! Fixed x

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. Thanks! You’re the best!!

2014 likes this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is exceptional. I love it.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.