Tove Lo - Dirt Femme (Oct 14) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme (Oct 14)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Dec 21, 2021.

1. The only thing I don't like is the cover so far. Music is great.

2. My only real complaint is the wait between True Romance and the next release in August. I’m hopeful she’s got plenty to keep things going in that two month gap, because the album has real potential to be her best yet.

Ferk, aux and RMK like this.
  3. RMK

RMK

True Romance is unfortunately not doing it for me, and I rarely say that about her music. It’s sorta giving “don’t ask don’t tell”, but doesn’t stay with you as much.

LGStan93 likes this.
  4. Pineapple Slice being a mix of Disco Tits and Bitches plus an SG Lewis production? We’re so spoiled.

5. I like "True Romance". Quite different in truth. My top 3 as far is as follows:

1. How long
    2. No one dies from love
    3. True romance

larzy likes this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is going to be SO good there’s no other way for it to go.

Wishlight, Sam, 4Roses and 9 others like this.
  7. My review of True Romance:

Wishlight, 4Roses, Verandi and 6 others like this.
  8. Tove Lo lacks the ability to make a bad album.

Wishlight, Sam, superultra and 19 others like this.
  9. She's such a mess. I love her.

inevitable likes this.
  10. Will we be able to buy the vinyl in the UK though?

11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Imagine if this was the album cover - while I love what we've got, this is a serve!!

totalhate, Juango and Ferk like this.
  12. It’s the cover of the deluxe!

13. It is? It’s not used in the mock-up at all. It looked like it was the bonus poster

14. Oop—misread her Insta comment. I could’ve sworn it said cover, not poster.

15. Love the “True Romance” song I had to track down the film responsible for its inspiration. A typical Tarantino blood bath film is so appropriate for Tove.

Ferk likes this.
  16. I've been thinking a lot about how it feels like somewhat of a miracle that she made has made it almost a decade never significantly suffering from label politics, allowing her to build up the kind of body of work and following where starting her own label doesn't at it's core feel like a bit of consolation with diminished expectations and quality. Honestly, when has a popstar without true commercial investment managed to do that since Robyn? The stark contrast of state of her career compared to someone fairly comparable like MØ is pretty insane.

I'm not even sure I comprehend how she's managing to execute the quality of things like the No One Dies From Love video (which is also revealing itself to one of her greatest songs) while being independent. We're really lucky to have her.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  17. I feel like she’s super connected and super fun which can lead to getting videos and more done without paying the huge bucks other Pop girls would.

18. Her work ethic and quality control is insane. She's become one of the best Pop girls we have.

19. Why there is no CD version of Blue Lips?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.