Tove Lo - Dirt Femme | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Sounds like they cut the outro too soon. A bit messy.

2. I often go back and forth and back on what my favorite album of hers is but yeah it probably is Sunshine Kitty. It also has the most sentimental value to me because of a cursed ex dd.

heavymetalGAGA, Sam and LGStan93 like this.
  3. I can never choose between Lady Wood and Blue Lips as her best release but she doesn't have even a subpar album. Queen of the Clouds has had a remarkable amount of staying power despite being her 'weakest', the entire run of Moments through Habits is incredible.

4. Same on Apple Music as well, definitely meant to blend in to the next song but just sounds weird on it's own!

5. That bridge on the video version...she needs to release that extended version!!

GimmeWork, Daniel L, Jóga and 5 others like this.
  6. Let's just be glad she didn't cut it down to 2 minutes.

lushLuck and Nephilim like this.
  7. Oh sis, you're in for a treat! How I wish I could experience her music for the first time again:

The excellence! The quality control! The boppage!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Blue Lips has her highest of highs - shedontknowbutsheknows, cycles, bad days, stranger and hey you got drugs on the same album? She is my mum.

Scab, GimmeWork, blissteria and 15 others like this.
  9. Girl, Disco Tits? The anthem of the century. I’ve been wearing white singlets ever since.

10. And "bitches" and "shivering gold"... and the whole album basically.

Dijah., blissteria, QueenB and 15 others like this.
  11. Okay I’m loving the song, love Tove Lo in general, Sunshine Kitty was one of her best (controversial opinion I know)

But why is the bass so quiet on ‘No One Dies from Love?’ Seems like there’s a filter on it when it transitions from the intro and the bass never really kicks in?

12. When she dropped part of 'bitches' at the end of the Lady Wood short film I knew it was gonna rip my face off and it absolutely did when Blue Lips dropped.

13. RMK

RMK

I would definitely go through her discography chronologically. She's a masterclass songwriter, and the hooks are always killer. You'll find that everyone has their own set of standouts. Blue Lips is probably her most experimental, with Sunshine Kitty being my personal favorite.

It's also not always about the singles with her - Keep It Simple, Mateo, SheDontKnowButSheKnows, and Stranger all sound like lost pop radio hits.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Crisp X likes this.
  14. Heard this and immediately bought tickets to see her live next month. How Long is the best of the year for me still but I can see this creeping up easily.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  15. No One Dies From Love has been on repeat. Her voice just DRIPS with melody. All of the little production flourishes are great too.

16. I’m a bit late to give this a listen but wow, just wow. The song is incredible and the video is perfection. I have always loved Tove’s singles but never really given her albums a real chance. Now I’m ready to stan and dive into her catalogue.

17. It's insane to me that she's one of the best pop writers of her generation and she doesn't even have Charli XCX level recognition (although that's probably for the best since she doesn't have to sign douches). She just never misses.

18. "fjavorite" nn I love her

Island, sexercise, nooniebao and 29 others like this.
  19. (ATRL DEMANDED VERSION) come through!

[​IMG]

nooniebao, Marc1129, Vixen and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.