Tove Lo - Dirt Femme | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Secured the bag for the NYC show in June! Tove during Pride Month just feels so right.

2. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

This is so instant, and it sits really well next to this:

Got tickets for the Glasgow date, can't wait to see her live!

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The beat that starts to come in at the beginning of the second verse - she doesn't mess around huh.

QueenB, Jóga, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  4. The second chorus with the beat underneath is orgasmic. The phrase sad banger is so overused but this is like the best example since Robyn's peak.

GimmeWork, QueenB, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  5. 'No One Dies From Love' is amazing. She never misses.

The MV is great as well.

6. Amazing as always, she never makes a bad song.
    The video is excellent.

7. I feel like Lady Wood has the more polished expensive sounding production and Blue Lips is less curated but it's an emotional rollercoaster and has better hooks/melodies overall.
    It depends in the vibe you're in when you're listening

8. RMK

RMK

Robyn seems to her biggest inspiration as an artist (specifically Body Talk), and I hear it with this track.

Andrew and johnoclock like this.
  9. Why is the superior Video version with that extra middle 8 only available at Russian Yandex Music??

lushLuck likes this.
  10. I'm super excited for this album. She's one of the few pop artists that I see really putting some extra attention on her albums as a full package deal and I love that about her.

11. The Yandex Music version seems to be a demo/earlier version since it’s missing the ad-libs and some extra production.

I can’t figure out why the bridge is missing when it’s included on the Apple Music lyrics and her performances, but maybe there’s an extended mix coming.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. Um. This is everything.

13. She gives it a completely different vibe. It goes from angsty and vengeful to sad and heartbreaking. She’s so fucking talented.

14. Werq. And yas, middle 8 come thru!!!

Music Is Death, Dijah., ALEX and 15 others like this.
  15. I don't really check for Tove Lo like that, probably because none of her albums stick with me outside of the singles, but No One Dies From Love is excellent. Maybe this will be the album for me.

Elvenpath, lushLuck and wolfgangna like this.
  16. ALL of her previous albums are superb to say the least.

17. This song is in heavy rotation here what a bop.

18. This really surprises me! The nihilism of Blue Lips seems like it would be right up your street.

Euphoria and GimmeWork like this.
  19. They way this is incredible, an instant classic and easily an 11/10, but still isn't in my top 5 from her. Whew!

The way it builds into a banger without losing it's tenderness is masterful! I echo that this simultaneously feels like signature Tove Lo, yet also peak "crying on the dancefloor Robyn". And the concept and execution of the video is the perfect compliment.

Between Tove, Charli and Carly I'm really feeling so nourished by the "not big enough to be BPG" pop girls.

20. I agree that the middle 8 needs to be uploaded to streaming. It's very brief and simple but adds to the song nonetheless.

With or without it's still the song of the year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.