Tove Lo - Sunshine Kitty | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Lo - Sunshine Kitty

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Mar 30, 2019.

1. I prefer Blue Lips to Lady Wood. 'hey you got drugs?' still gets me every single time

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Blue Lips flushes Lady Wood down the toilet.

3. Wasn’t the groupthink consensus on here that Lady Wood was dull and Blue Lips was an amazing return to form upon their respective releases? How the turns table.

4. I don't think the turns have tabled, Lady Wood was considered a blinding pop album from the very beginning.

5. This isn’t entirely true.

6. I actually prefer a greater chunk of Lady Wood compared to Blue Lips.

I mean, you have songs like Imaginary Friend, Don’t Talk About It, Influence, WTF Love Is, how can I not?

Bogdan and Jersey like this.
  7. Yeah this is what I got from the previous thread as well (unfortunately).

8. Lady Wood > Blue Lips

The second half of Lady Wood is strong AF.

9. The second half of Lady Wood is the worst part of her discography excluding Imaginary Friend.

Bogdan and Sail On like this.
  10. I'm more in camp Blue Lips. I can't even remember anything on Lady Wood.

slaybellz likes this.
  11. True Disaster, her best song...?

12. Tove Lo hasn't put out an album that's below an 8/10.

There.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  13. To you. It was polarizing upon release on the forum and reviews were similar.

I personally came around to Lady Wood in a huge way about six months after release. The pop hooks are immense and while the lyricism at times felt too obvious it’s more external world building that truly blossoms on Blue Lips. The latter is more meticulously constructed and all around the better album but it’s too devastating particularly in the back half for me to spin it as much as I have Lady Wood.

that boy is a monster likes this.
  14. That’s the worst song on Lady Wood

Jersey likes this.
  15. I...

16. Habits, Talking Body and Moments remain her holy trinity for me

17. Ok but cycles.

18. Blue Lips' forte was its forward thinking pop production, so I can't wait to hear what she does with FINNEAS

19. "Stranger" is still such a triumph. Give me more of those dramatic electro-bangers sis

20. Blue Lips did grow quite a bit after initially feeling indifferent, but Lady Wood was/is/will always be my preferred album. Fucking banger after banger.

Yuri and Up N Down like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.