Tove Styrke - HARD | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Styrke - HARD

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I actually adore the art for YouYouYou - it’s a great shot that says album artwork to me.

I’ve been disengaged with her for awhile but I just went through her Insta and even the video showing the process for the Hardcore single artwork shows sooo many much more interesting shots and treatments than the end album art. Such a missed opportunity

2. Why is "millennial" spelled incorrectly nn

Wishlight, Euphoria and lushLuck like this.
  3. This image would have made a better album cover, rather than the garish final shot. Since it doesn't look like there will be a physical release (at least yet), I'll use one of these...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Snippet of a song titled Free that’s on the album:

Wishlight, Diet Pop!, Island and 5 others like this.
  5. Well, Cool Me Down is missing

BubblegumBoy and Diet Pop! like this.
  6. Cool Me Down isn’t on the tracklist for me?

7. I was wanting more bops

Free's chorus nearly makes me start humming Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Cool Me Down was missing in the pre-order/pre-save too. I only found out about it during her tracklist reveal, which is why I initially said 9 tracks, 10 including Mood Swings.

Diet Pop! and nooniebao like this.
  9. 4 years for a 25 minute album, even shorter than Sway. Whew.

This is her second "album" in a row where it feels more like a bunch of songs thrown together. If she told me she put the tracklist together by pressing Shuffle I would believe her. Nothing here is flat out bad, but there's absolutely zero flow.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    magictreehouse and AndrewX like this.
  10. I skimmed through and what a shit track order. “Start Walking” right after “Hardcore”? Good gawd.

11. Mess, both visually and sonically.

There's some really good bops, though. (YouYouYou, Lies, 24H & Start Walking)

But there's also terrible tracks like Hardcore, Free & Millennial Blues.

12. Not feeling this album at all

13. It might not be as cohesive as Sway but it is for sure full of BOPS.

24H is the one though isn’t it?

14. I've always thought Sway was amazing and really don't understand why people continue to be so mad about it, so I've no doubt I will love this.

15. Sway isn't bad but have you heard Kiddo? It's like going from a banquet to an appetizer bar.

16. Yes! I'll even admit Kiddo is my most played by her. I guess I find the sleek minimal pop of Sway/Hard to be just as enjoyable! I think 'Kiddo' fits right in with the "indie" releases of the time, but I always thought that it was an outlier in her discography in terms of image and vibe. Pretty much everything else has been "european blonde popstar."

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Wishlight and Jonathan27 like this.
  17. The sheer nerve to call it an album at 25 mins too nn

Shuey likes this.
  18. After reading your comments I was expecting much worse but I really like those new tracks, especially Lies and 24H. Truly great bops, along with Start Walking and YouYouYou, certainly they're going to my power rotation.

I wonder what happened with Cool Me Down though?

19. I actually like most of this but Hardcore is one of the worst songs I've heard this year.

20. The pre-chorus is one of the best I’ve ever heard, sadly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.