Tove Styrke | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

Tove Styrke

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by KamikazeHeart, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I was very surprised when I heard that she’s going to be on that show. It really doesn’t seem like something for her, but I understand the commercial aspects of it since it’s one of the most popular shows in Sweden. It will be nice to hear her takes on the other artists songs, but the show itself is so bland.

nooniebao likes this.
  2. Bland can pay the bills and fund her next EP album.

nooniebao likes this.

3. Remember her?

Wishlight, Crisp X, Eskapism and 10 others like this.
  4. Island

Island Staff Member

Her Working Girl era is upon us.

5. Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Island likes this.
  6. Serve another Kiddo please and thanks!

7. Kiddo is legitimately one of the best pop debuts of the last ten years and I'm still salty she pissed away the momentum on whatever Sway was.

8. Her self-titled debut album actually came out in 2010!

9. Sway is a little less infuriating to me now everyone is doing Styrke-lite plink plonks. I really dont know where she goes from here though, Kiddo was great because it was such a huge amalgamation of sounds and her charisma just pierced right through.

Also justice for her debut!!!

nooniebao likes this.
  10. I didn’t mind the plink plonk. That part in ‘Sway’ where the song just explodes still gives me all the right tingles. I’d definitely like her to be a little more...creative...this time around though.

11. Sway truly is a glorified EP but what an EP. “On a Level”, “Changed My Mind”, “Mistakes”. All bops.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Sway was fine but she should have followed it up with something else by now to be honest.

13. “On a Level” was the only song from Sway that was as good as her first two albums teebs. Of course it was the only non-single nn

14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Sway is all killer no filler and aside from being a bit faceless I’ll never understand the forum’s response to it.

15. I just wish the budget had stretched to more than 7.5 songs nn

Jonathan27 and Jacques like this.
  16. Also from what I remember the campaign went on for like a year so the EP felt a bit limp.

Jonathan27, Jacques and 2014 like this.
  17. Island

Island Staff Member

Sway and Say My Name are great but I wouldn’t want her to return to that sound. I loved the fierceness and the brashness of the Kiddo era. Nobody else sounded like her.

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.

18. Kiddo wasn't completely my flavor but every time this comes up on shuffle, *chefs kiss*.

sugarcoma, AndrewX and Verandi like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ego is still SUCH AN AMAZING SONG. A complete bop.

He, SlowGinFizzzz, Lost Boy and 8 others like this.
  20. “Mistakes” remains a masterpiece to this day. The way that chorus grabs you by the throat with that voice, vocoder and drum machine combo, whew!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.