Toy Story 3 | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Dazzle, May 29, 2009.

1. Even before then.

2. I usually spend the whole of February desperately cramming in as many films as possible so that I can have seen all of the major nominees before the Oscar ceremony.

This year I'm way ahead of myself. I've seen almost everything that's been released and will then just see the last few as they are released over the next couple of weeks.

Almost certainly the last one I will see is Toy Story 2. Not only do I have zero interest in it but it's gone from cinemas so will have to go to Blockbusters and rent it which I'll keep forgetting to do.

Anyway my question is, do I need o have seen 1 & 2 to make sense of it? I saw 1 when it was first released but wasn't that impressed and remember very little about it. I never saw 2. I don't like the idea of watching the 3rd one without seeing the others but I also don't like the idea of spending even more of my time watching films I don't want to see just because I'm too anal to stop myself.

I'd usually just buy them off Amazon for 50p each but for some reason they're both still really expensive (For films that I don't want to see).

3. I don't think you *need* to see 2 to see 3, reading the plot summary on Wikipedia or wherever is probably fine, but I think a lot of the emotional resonance in the third movie comes with all the history of the first two, if that makes any sense at all (sorry, I'm deliriously tired). And for what it's worth I thought 2 was way better than 1, but I would watch whatever the Pixar version of paint drying is (Cars?), so I'm biased...

4. This is what I assumed. I'm far too OCD to watch 3 without rewatching 1 & 2 first anyway.

I'm not that into Pixar. I always read how their films work for both adults and children but I never really find that to be the case. I'm sure I'd love them if I was 6 but unfortunately that was a long time ago.

Having said that 'Wall-E' was rather good or at least the first three quarters were.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.