Travel

Maybe someone (from Barcelona) can help me.
Back in 2019 I visited a store that had like thousands of beads and keyrings and stuff (like on the picture below but not only instruments. Like everything). The store was actually two stores that didn't have a door in-between them or something - you had to exit one store to go to the other store (I'm not even sure if you could pay in both or just in one of them). I cannot find it and I need to go there again! I don't remember where it was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929_131910_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230929_131910_Chrome.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 22
Back in 2019 I visited a store that had like thousands of beads and keyrings and stuff (like on the picture below but not only instruments. Like everything). The store was actually two stores that didn't have a door in-between them or something - you had to exit one store to go to the other store (I'm not even sure if you could pay in both or just in one of them). I cannot find it and I need to go there again! I don't remember where it was.
This feels like somewhere you'd probably find in the Gothic Quarter. Maybe have a look around on street view?

@sergioesludico @totalhate @sesita

I haven't been to Barcelona in years so I don't think I'm much help but, unrelated- I got my updated Covid shot and I'm feeling some achy symptoms so...I decided to look back on the travels I had in February with my dude and then the summer trip to Vietnam (for 3 weeks!).

I started dating my boyfriend back in January and, in February, we ended taking a drive down to California to visit his high school teacher (we are both teachers who had a week off in February!) and he suggested driving a few more hours south to visit my folks; I've never brought a dude back home so that was a first and it was a very sweet experience!

And, since I have the summers off, my roommate (who is also a teacher at the same school) planned to meet up in Vietnam over the summer. I was able to hook my best friend since elementary school and my internet friend I met through Tumblr years to travel to Vietnam as well!

I'm not used to traveling with a partner but I think we are thinking about jetting off to Germany and Amsterdam for spring break next year!

This kind of sounds like El Camello to be, which is now closed I'm afraid.

AF1QipO-wap0u9raw9JGp8op3OR2oCpiCqsW_zMNjir7.jpg

Does this entryway ring any bell? But then again there's tens of similar stores around the Gothic Quarter just in case it was this one!

Partly inspired by the conversation earlier in this thread, but also because I've wanted to do a trip like this for years, I've put together the following hypothetical itinerary for a 18-day train trip around some of Italy..

Day one
London to Paris
Paris to Lyon
Day two
Lyon
Day three
Lyon to Milan
Days four and five
Milan
Day six
Milan to Venice
Days seven and eight
Venice
Day nine
Venice to Florence
Days ten and eleven
Florence
Day twelve
Florence to Rome
Days thirteen and fourteen
Rome
Day fifteen
Rome to Milan
Day sixteen
Milan (possibly a trip out to Como?)
Day seventeen
Milan to Paris
Day eighteen
Paris to London

For anyone who has any experience with travelling around Italy, does this sound like a good itinerary or would you make any changes? Also, what time of year do you think would be best to do it? I'm not looking for it to be too hot, so was thinking May/June or September/October, but would love some insights!
I'd take off a day from Milan and stop in Verona between Milan and Venice. Easily one of the best cities in Italy.

Also maybe at the end if I was you I'd just fly from Rome to London oop.

She/Her
I hated Rome. Sorry.

I mean how many fountains do we need to see? And it's so damn dusty - the trains + the city etc.

The men in Rome though, even the bus driver looked like he stepped off a DSquared fashion show.

Firenze + Venezia though, will always be my fave Italian cities.

This kind of sounds like El Camello to be, which is now closed I'm afraid.

AF1QipO-wap0u9raw9JGp8op3OR2oCpiCqsW_zMNjir7.jpg

Does this entryway ring any bell? But then again there's tens of similar stores around the Gothic Quarter just in case it was this one!
I'm afraid, no. It was two shops next to each other, that made oe big shop. Without a door in-between the shops. You could only enter each shop from the street.
But thank you for trying to help!
I have the feeling it was near Casa Milà but that could be wrong

I hated Rome. Sorry.

I mean how many fountains do we need to see? And it's so damn dusty - the trains + the city etc.

The men in Rome though, even the bus driver looked like he stepped off a DSquared fashion show.

Firenze + Venezia though, will always be my fave Italian cities.
I can’t PM you “:(“

I’ve just arrived! Do you have must see tips? I already was a week in Napeli, so saw enough archeological stuffs.

also what bars are good?

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Hi babes,

I don’t know why my DMs are not working.

I’m on IG: thefernwehgal but I’m not sure about bars (maybe try joining one of those the pub/bar crawls organised online or via Airbnb?), I didn’t go to any when I was there cuz I was sorta seeing this guy and he kept taking me to one fountain after another - WE BROKE UP! Nn
You need to go into your preferences here. It's possible that you limited who can message you and how.

she/her
Going to Dublin this weekend, what are the must sees/places to visit? Also if anyone has any tips for for cute lunch/coffee spots or restaurants that would be great!
If you care about alcohol, Guiness Storehouse and Jameson Distillery are the classic tours to do. If you like museums, Little Museum of Dublin is very nice (and small). For shopping, go to Grafton St area.

For a cute lunch spot I really recommend The Pepper Pot in Powerscourt Town Centre, really good food as well as beautiful surroundings.

Some other food recs:
Irish/European - The Winding Stair or Etto
Burgers - Bunsen and Dash Burger are both amazing
Mexican - 777 or Masa
Thai - Full Moon Thai or Opium
Pizza - Bambino or Cirillos

For coffee I recommend The Art of Coffee which has a few locations around the city, or Mister Magpie if you're around Dublin 4/Ballsbridge (a posh area).

If you have time for a day trip, take the Dart to either Howth, Dun Laoghaire or Bray. Cute seaside villages with nice walks, and generally nicer than Dublin city centre.

If anyone wants some recommendations on what to see in Rome or Naples even less known sights or side trips from these two cities feel free to ask me girls.

If anyone wants some recommendations on what to see in Rome or Naples even less known sights or side trips from these two cities feel free to ask me girls.
Oh Rome is just beautiful. Not gonna lie, the more "typical" things to see are just always great to see - the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Pantheon and watching the light move inside through the oculus,...

I really loved the Villa Borghese gardens and the Museum inside, the Santa Maria Popolo basilica, the Doria Pamphilj Gallery, the Capitoline Museums are amazing and The Papal Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica San Paolo) was insane.

If you're into architecture, it's a bit outside the center of the city but the Palazzo della Civilità Italiana is outstanding.

In terms of Food: Hostaria Romana, Rosciola Sumeria, Marigold Roma, Lo Scoppetaro, Osteria Da Fortunata, la Montecarlo, Trattoria da Enzo,... and Carlo Menta is a great affordable place with really good food, usually full of younger students.

Oh Rome is just beautiful. Not gonna lie, the more "typical" things to see are just always great to see - the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Pantheon and watching the light move inside through the oculus,...

I really loved the Villa Borghese gardens and the Museum inside, the Santa Maria Popolo basilica, the Doria Pamphilj Gallery, the Capitoline Museums are amazing and The Papal Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica San Paolo) was insane.

If you're into architecture, it's a bit outside the center of the city but the Palazzo della Civilità Italiana is outstanding.

In terms of Food: Hostaria Romana, Rosciola Sumeria, Marigold Roma, Lo Scoppetaro, Osteria Da Fortunata, la Montecarlo, Trattoria da Enzo,... and Carlo Menta is a great affordable place with really good food, usually full of younger students.
Yeah i used to live near the Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana. The whole EUR district is one of my favourites in the cities very monumental but also full of green. If you're into Art Nouveau i suggest to visit the Quartiere Coppede. Also towns near Rome like Frascati and Tivoli are great!

Yeah i used to live near the Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana. The whole EUR district is one of my favourites in the cities very monumental but also full of green. If you're into Art Nouveau i suggest to visit the Quartiere Coppede. Also towns near Rome like Frascati and Tivoli are great!
Wait because I actually read that you were asking for recommendations, SO SORRY! Not me Romesplaining to you...