Troop Beverly Hills is 30 years old! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Troop Beverly Hills is 30 years old!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by torontodj, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Fabulous movie.

Roey_says likes this.
  2. I love this movie. Some great comedy. Shelley long is perfect in this and her outfits are iconic.

constantino likes this.
  3. I absolutely LOVE Outrageous Fortune. My original copy on VHS wore out around 2004 and I was livid that I was going to have to track a new copy down. It wasn’t on DVD yet, I don’t think, so when I came across a copy I was surprised to find out the VHS release we had was the TV edit. The scream I let out the first time I heard “It’s a fucking pencil” I thought my neighbors were going to call the cops.

And you’re right about Shelley. I loved her with Tom in Money Pit and I used to watch a VHS recorded version of Susie Q quite a bit. She’s great at comedy, though my dad and stepmom would disagree. They watched Cheers and thought she was exactly like Diane and would complain about her like she was Diane! She also seemed to be the type of actress that people liked or that people just...tolerated. They don’t dislike her, but also they don’t go out of their way to search out her work (which I’ve done). I love her, I think she’s hilarious and her comedic timing is up there with the best. She truly deserved some more appreciation, I think.

Troop is still a scream. My boyfriend hadn’t seen it and I finally got him to watch it not long ago after him resisting the idea that he might find it funny. I can’t believe it’s been 30 years.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.