Troye Sivan - Bloom (2nd Album) | Page 199 | The Popjustice Forum

Troye Sivan - Bloom (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by alanmr, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, the HMV/Target/Japanese deluxe editions all come with the same two bonus tracks, so finding a copy shouldn't be too hard. I agree, though – regional bonus tracks should not be a thing anymore.

londonrain likes this.
  2. I'm about to do my first listen. Anyone found or made a good alternate album cover?

3. Did anyone in the US get a Spotify Fans First link to the purple vinyl? Can’t seem to find one.

aaronhansome likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

Verandi, evilsin, Lander and 37 others like this.
  5. Not listened to the album yet, but why am I suddenly obsessed with Animal? What a choooon.

6. What a Heavenly Way to Die is so good.

7. download.jpg

8. I agree with whoever said the album is just whelming. "Plum" and "Lucky Strike" are cute. I have to give the rest more listens but i'm not really moved on first listen.

And the track list arrangement is a bit of a mess. "My My My!" into "The Good Side" doesn't really work. Neither does "Bloom" into "Postcard".

andru and Ferk like this.
  9. There's this which is essentially the same photo but from the front. People thought it was going to be the album cover to begin with, and that the shot of the back of his head might have been on the back with the tracklisting.

[​IMG]

10. Yeah I figured the tracklist is a bit of a mess seeing as to how it seems to go back and forth between uptempo and ballads. Just add it onto the rest of the messiness this era.

Island, slaybellz and andru like this.
  11. It seems like the Japanese edition actually comes with this cover.

andru likes this.
  12. RJF

RJF

There really is just... no texture or depth to his voice, is there? I thought the problem on the first album was that it was rather oppressively queer mopecore that made it all bleed together and maybe an album of more varied content would fix that, but no, even at a running time of under forty minutes, his voice is kind of draining. Even when all the songs are good. He's a singing tranquiliser.

The reviews are honestly baffling.

Verandi and joe_alouder like this.
  13. I actually think the back of his head is the better choice. I still think it's kind of bland though.

londonrain, Wishlight, sesita and 2 others like this.
  14. Cause you taste like Lucky Strikes, you drag, I'll light. Boy.
    Tell me all the ways to love you.

Yes to this. In all its homosexual-ashtray-mouth-glory.

15. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

This always should have been the cover.

[​IMG]

Verandi, evilsin, Lander and 29 others like this.
  16. My copy came in the post early today and I've barely stopped listening to it. Blue Neighbourhood is my favourite album of the decade (no exaggeration) and my hopes were very high for Bloom, even though I knew he wouldn't be able to top it. The drawn out release (probably beyond his control to be fair) and until I listened, I wasn't really sure I was going to love it much.

Thankfully I was proved wrong and I shouldn't have doubted Troye for a second. The new tracks that we haven't already heard are all excellent to my ears. Lucky Strike is a triumph, packed with hooks and the production is top notch. I've already been going back to it constantly. Plum is another favourite!

The album as a whole is a definite shift from Blue Neighbourhood, it's a much more uplifting listen, but it's still very "Troye". His storytelling in Seventeen is brilliantly written and the production remains as great as ever. Vocally I was never expecting Mariah big notes, he writes songs that suit so well to his tone and capability so it's all good for me. Worthy of every single glowing review it can get.

Lander, kalonite, Wishlight and 10 others like this.
  17. Maybe if we hadn't heard most of it already but I have to say I'm also whelmed. It's not terrible but it's not this must own amazing piece of work either.

Reviewers deciding Troye is the white twink hill to die on.

*adjusts wig*

Wishlight, andru, Ferk and 1 other person like this.
  18. I've rearranged the tracklist like this and already it's a much more enjoyable experience. Seriously try it!
    1. Seventeen
    2. Lucky Strike
    3. The Good Side
    4. Dance To This
    5. Postcard
    6. Bloom
    7. My My My!
    8. Plum
    9. What A Heavenly Way To Die
    10. Animal

19. It already was.

[​IMG]

20. Maybe when he makes his Euro 1990 album with The Beloved, Adamski and Sterlin Void.

andru and matthew. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.