Troye Sivan - In a Dream | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Troye Sivan - In a Dream

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Deleted member 29256, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdp

rdp

This is a bit of a lqqk

2. Performance's out!

3. I'm very obsessed with this song. It's brilliant.

Tate's if I give you a call don't hang up the line on the second chorus is a bit of a moment.

enricll and elektroxx like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Yeah, You is one of the biggest 2021 bangers so far!!

5. Such a cool and smart performance. Loved it.

6. Loooove his outfit! The song/performance is amazing too, obviously.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. Love the song and that performance. His outfit is cute although were those light up finger gloves? Because I find those tacky, at least they didn't distract from anything.

Also, despite being a great song and loving Tate's voice, a lovesong duet between a gay man and a woman comes off different to me. Because if Troye were straight, all the fangirls would be like "Oh em gee, they love each other in real life, Are they DATING?!" I just take it for what it is - two people singing about experiencing the same thing together and singing about it. Instead of them singing about each other, like straight pairing duets always make the listener feel like.

8. The music video for You premieres tomorrow at 12 PM EST:

lushLuck, Robbietoxic, rdp and 5 others like this.
  9. rdp

rdp

After getting over my initial... reservations with Tate's vocals this really has grown into one of my favorite singles of the year so far

Mikal likes this.
  10. It's a shame In A Dream wasn't given the album treatment, it's easily his best project so far.

OlliMaus, 4Roses, Jonathan27 and 6 others like this.
  11. I really wish there was a Troye only version of you cause I really can’t get past Tates “vocals”

Nephilim likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Tate elevates it for me actually. Troye's voice can sometimes be a bit...void, but the song bangs either way.

4Roses, elektroxx, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  13. Tate makes the song, figs!

4Roses, elektroxx, lushLuck and 6 others like this.
  14. No it's true, it's true.

15. I love Tate's vocals. I actually prefer her on this to any of her solo music i've listened to.

16. Finally listened to this and um... what a banger.

Mikal likes this.
  17. Cathy Dennis's legacy lives on.

[​IMG]

18. Kiesza <3

Verandi, mpl, Edu and 1 other person like this.

19. The songs obviously a bop but I think the video...makes me like it less.

20. I love the video, I think it's a really cool and creative concept, and obviously this kind of approach made sense since they weren't able to film together in person. And personally I'd take a video like this over a "Let's all just look hot and pretty for three minutes straight" one any day of the week, although I think Troye's videos have pretty much always been great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.