Troye Sivan - Something to Give Each Other

He/They

Iconic playlist

What Do I Have To Do 7" Mix
giphy.gif

Sounds like one of the songs of the year to me - definitely giving the fizzy House Pop of the late 90s/early 00s (Tim Deluxe,David Morales,Paul Johnson etc.), which I love. The video is great too! Might the first time I've been properly convinced of him as a popstar on screen.

he/him
Let's be thankful that when our rights are getting taken away we can still even see something this queer. Sure it doesn't tick every box for everyone, but you know what, not everyone wants to fuck everyone.

Just like with Troye, the biggest mistake being made here is people needlessly trying to over-intellectualize their enjoyment of something to try and argue an inherent merit.

What does singing being finger-blasted on the floor of a German night club have anything to do with... the erosion of rights for LGBT people anywhere? How does the inclusion of muscular German man humping each other materially stop trans people being denied gender-affirming care or same-sex couples from being denied essential services?

"That's not Troye's job" - yes, but... you're the one who made the link between it? It's important to be queer and live authentically, but most queer people living authentically doesn't result in them profiting financially via the purchase of merch or streams.

As a pop fan, I'm all for thinking there's value in the projection of images and representation. But that's.. the point. If the value is not material but idealist and rooted in how it makes us feel, of course people are then entitled to *feel* differently over its value, especially when they've been purposefully excluded from said imagery and representation.

You don't have to over-intellectualize finding fat people disgusting. It just comes across as "It's a matter of bodily autonomy to have the right to say I find fat people unfuckable!!!" dd.

If I'm honest I could also do without almost every queer man that makes music resorting to having everyone in their visuals dressed in "chavcore" scally clothing. You can be gay and enjoy gays, boys! Not everything has to be straight cosplay.

If I'm honest I could also do without almost every queer man that makes music resorting to having everyone in their visuals dressed in "chavcore" scally clothing. You can be gay and enjoy gays, boys! Not everything has to be straight cosplay.
Everyone in Berlin (and everywhere he past 5 years?) dresses like that doubt there was even a serious styling apart from a few pieces here and there.