Troye Sivan - Something to Give Each Other

@Toshi - maybe you’ve missed a couple of posts but the main issue is not with how the video is as such, but more what it is against what it claims to be (inclusive and representative of us broadly, and going on to exclude a large portion of us).

Can you explain yourself a bit more please, like what exactly is the video against?
Well you just have so much to say, hun! A shame it’s so much words that amount to nothing.

I mean there literally is no point in having a conversation with you, because its literally agree with me or you're an awful person... I wonder how you and others really came to the idea that your opinions are always the right ones and anything different is wrong.

he/him
I mean there literally is no point in having a conversation with you, because its literally agree with me or you're an awful person... I wonder how you and others really came to the idea that your opinions are always the right ones and anything different is wrong.

It’s not about whether or not opinions are right or wrong, it’s about how you are reducing very well thought out posts to “doing the most” and totally missing the point about why people are being critical in the first place. Again: It’s not about anyone begging for representation, it’s about the fact Troye himself was the one building this package up as being that when it’s just not. It’s been explained so many times in different ways by so many different people that if it’s not making sense to you at this point then maybe it’s best not to comment at all. Maybe conversations would be easier for you on here if you weren’t so hell bent on being a contrarian and dismissive all the time.

It’s not about whether or not opinions are right or wrong, it’s about how you are reducing very well thought out posts to “doing the most” and totally missing the point about why people are being critical in the first place. Again: It’s not about anyone begging for representation, it’s about the fact Troye himself was the one building this package up as being that when it’s just not. It’s been explained so many times in different ways by so many different people that if it’s not making sense to you at this point then maybe it’s best not to comment at all. Maybe conversations would be easier for you on here if you weren’t so hell bent on being a contrarian and missing the point all the time.

I never said that there didn't need to be a conversation about body diversity though. Like I literally never fucking said that.

Maybe you're the one who needs to stop missing my point which was its a shame that the conversation turns into this, because we don't get that much representation in music and the moment an impactful video like this is released, sadly it gets picked apart because there is so little representation. I'm not saying that people shouldn't have that opinion of that those opinions are wrong. Its a fucking discussion.

It quite literally is whether I agree with you or not. You disagree with me saying that people are doing the most over, which they are in my opinion. For that reason you reduce my posts to 'nothing' like you said. Oh and you're quite literally telling me its probably best 'not to comment' because I don't agree with you. I'm also not the one being dismissive, I'm actually trying to have a conversation.

he/him
Oh and you're quite literally telling me its probably best 'not to comment' because I don't agree with you. I'm also not the one being dismissive, I'm actually trying to have a conversation.

No, I told you not to comment because you’re being an idiot, not because you disagree with me. There’s a difference, but I hope that clears it up!

If you want to have a serious conversation, then great. But you immediately came into it telling everyone they were doing the most, so how do you want people to take that as anything other than a combative stance and take you seriously?

No, I told you not to comment because you’re being an idiot, not because you disagree with me. There’s a difference, but I hope that clears it up!

And then resort to being a bully. If you're not actually going to have a conversation without resorting to bullying etc then just fuck off and don't reply to my posts.

God I wish there was a block button for certain users on here.

Its literally crazy how a music video can stir this much frustration in people.

The song is a decent enough bop, but at the same time I have no desire to listen to it again. As for the video, people here have expressed the issue more elegantly than I ever could. Diversity means more than one aesthetic.

And then resort to being a bully. If you're not actually going to have a conversation without resorting to bullying etc then just fuck off and don't reply to my posts.

Its literally crazy how a music video can stir this much frustration in people.
There is, and I think you've found yourself on the receiving end of it by a lot of members here.

he/him
It’s almost like the frustrating part isn’t even about the music video, but how so many (here and in other online spaces) have reacted by continually missing the point and dismissing others as “doing too much”. And maybe some are! But if they are and people still aren’t getting it, then what or who is the real problem here?

Anyway, that’s the last I’m going to comment on it since I actually love the song and video. The discussion is just becoming cyclical and exhausting.

Imagine watching a music video of a song about poppers, and getting this frustrated. Just take some poppers and chill.

There is, and I think you've found yourself on the receiving end of it by a lot of members here.

Ignore is not the same as block, it just stops me from seeing them bully and dismiss my posts. I'm also not offended by some users having my ignored.

posts.

Imagine watching a music video of a song about poppers, and getting this frustrated. Just take some poppers and chill.

Ignore is not the same as block, it just stops me from seeing them bully and dismiss my posts. I'm also not offended by some users having my ignored.

Calling being disagreed with on pop justice dot com bullying is doing the most

Calling being disagreed with on pop justice dot com bullying is doing the most

Being called an idiot is in my eyes, and is not an okay way to speak to others. I highly doubt that user speaks to people in real life this way. Doing so online isn't okay either.

Inland Empire

Staff member
he/she/they
Really, really not liking this rhetoric of "well did you expect the producers to go to the trouble of actively seeking out fat people to cast in the video?". No, I didn't expect that, because fat people already exist in public life. They're not hiding under the bushes like fucking elves, there's no extra labour involved - they audition for things just like thin people do. The fact that there's at least several dozen people in the video and yet the representation of a significant portion of the population is so low suggests that the extra labour has in fact been put into excluding those kinds of people. Why shouldn't they have put fat people in the video? Or at least, why is it forgivable that they didn't? Some of you should really ask yourselves those questions and have a good think about the answer.

Quite enjoying the song though.

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him
You love replying to my posts dont you. Oh and stop with the hun, we are not huns.

First of all I haven't got an issue with body diversity. I'm just stating a fact that its a shame that Troye almost needs to be perfect because there is so little gay represntation in the world, which is why people on here are doing the most over body diversity.

There is so much straight representation that there isn't this need for every single popstar to check every single box of diversity. Its literally the point I'm making. I'm not attacking anyone for saying they wish their was more diversity body wise.

It's literally like if you have an opinion and don't immediatley agree with everyone on your, the pitchforks come out.

I’m not going to wade into this too deeply tonight but you really need to stop with the “oh you are ALWAYS REPLYING TO ME” business because it really isn’t the argument you think it is.