True Blood General Discussion | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

True Blood General Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by clockworknovak, May 24, 2009.

1. Y'know what line really bugged me?

When Sookie said 'I'll never forget you Bill Compton' and his reply 'I wish I could say the same but I don't know what happens on the other side'.

Shut up Bill.

Connor Walsh likes this.
  2. I just remember this show being this wild, crazy romp full of nudity and gore. When did it become all whiny and annoying with Sookie and Bill crying back and forth? As I said, I'm just glad it's done.

3. I read an interview with the show's producer and he basically admitted that they'd run out of stories for most of the characters. Eric's story was supposed to end a couple of episodes earlier, but it meant that the last two episodes were lacking in conflict, which is why, in the end, it took Eric two episodes longer to realise that he could just kill the Yakuza.

He also said that characters like LaFayette and Tara had run their course, and the only reason why they did the Lettie Mae story was to give them some sort of purpose in the final season.

4. A daytime soap opera mess of a finale episode - everyone having babies and the impulse wedding had my eyes rolling so hard. Just a lethargic end to an exhausting season, which had no purpose and no momentum. The episode length really hampered the last few episodes as a full hour of nothing happening is physically draining - to think that this show used to have so much going on you'd struggle to keep up!

I'm just glad it is over. R.I.P True Blood - seasons 1-3, you were magnificent! Season 4 you were great, Seasons 5 and 6 - you were average. Season 7.... Let us never speak of you again.

5. This is beyond weird, I mean they could've just expanded on the Yakuza storyline or actually utilised Sarah Newlin as more than someone who spent an entire season running. When it comes to LaFayette and Tara well... LaFayette and James only hooked up this season, they could've carried that on in the final episode or brought them in elsewhere, Tara is the only one I agree with really.

6. Oh God yes, that impromptu wedding with everyone once again crying and laughing at cheesy jokes and granpa Bill being in pain but persevering. It was like a bad sitcom in its 10th season. And it kept going on and on and on like a bad dream.

7. I still think season 5 is worse than season 7.

It probably goes from Best to Worst:

2, 1, 4, 6, 3, 7, 5

8. Switch around 4 and 1, and that's my ranking too.

9. Order from best to worst for me goes: 2, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 7

10. He was so young. RIP

He deserved so many awards for this scene.

Maria and P'NutButter like this.
  11. He was so amazing, and one of the few consistently great parts of the show.

12. Oh no what a shame, I don't believe I recognised him outside of his True Blood role but he really shined on the show.

13. Absolutely gutted. He was incredible in this show!

14. This is so sad, rest in peace. I only watched a couple of seasons of True Blood, but caught him in other projects including Elementary. Such a talent.

15. He was seriously the best thing about the show. A shame he didn’t get an Emmy for his excellent work. RIP

16. I was so shocked when I heard this. He was really unique on the show.

17. Okay just did my first rewatch but wow, that last season was a real drag. Seasons 1-3 were like a completely different show. Season 5 was lucky to have Denis O’Hare, and I only just realised Marnie was Aunt Petunia, so I guess terrific acting on her part.

18. The show wasn't worth watching after Season 2, maybe Season 3 at a stretch and that's just the fucking tea don't let it scald you.

A disastrous cluster fuck of bloated cast, poor writing, and boring af side storylines. Take all the Pam and Lafayette scenes and run.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  19. I gave up a few episodes into S3. From what I’ve heard about the later seasons, I don’t regret my decision.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.