True crime! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

True crime!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 20, 2018.

1. In The Dark is a must listen podcast, I've replayed the first season three times.

The Jinx, Capturing The Friedmans, The Cheshire Murders are all great HBO docs. I feel like the Paradise Lost documentaries are a bit polarizing, but I found them to be a fascinating watch.

Also isn't it common knowledge that Serial left out important evidence that makes Adnan look guilty in order not to muddy up the story they were presenting?

Big Bang and Ashling92 like this.
  2. Mmmmm Abducted In Plain Sight is a truly wild trip isn’t it Hens...

You literally could not make up its twists and turns, and you are just left with HOW?

3. The parents are Morons, eh, I mean, Mormons.

LPT, Baby Clyde and Andrew.L like this.
  4. Trail Went Cold & Trace Evidence are excellent podcasts. Also Casefile.

5. I just saw this tonight and it's really disturbing, OH MY GOD.

I need some time to recoup and unpack. It's sad and disturbing and the story itself is filled with twists and turns.

6. Genius documentary. Hulu is producing a scripted series based on the story with Joey King and Patricia Arquette. I'd post the trailer but it looks terrible so I can't be bothered.

7. This had better be two hours on pinging phone towers.

8. SBK

SBK

My Netflix is full of True Crime recommendations right now having watched Ted Bundy and Abducted in Plain Sight.

I didn't know much about Bundy prior other than he was a serial killer. It was gripping, though I tend to agree, it painted him as some sort of nice guy with a future as a lawyer who chose the wrong path. Even the judge that sent him down was kind to him as he sentenced him to death.

9. I stopped watching Abducted At Plain Sight 10 mins in. It was looking so boring. I would try again if it’s really that good...

10. It is

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  11. SBK

SBK

I was sick so fell asleep half way through and woke up at 6am the next day and just to finish it off. It was ridiculous. Almost to the point of seeming like a parody of something.

12. LPT likes this.
  13. K sis I trust your ass and I’ll re-try.

14. That was what I got from the beginning of it. I felt like the tone and the production of it was quite a turn off. Like those faux documentaries with talking heads.

15. I think the Abducted in Plain Sight parents MUST have been in on it (maybe taking money from B) or at the very least knew what was going on.

Like, their 12 year old goes missing and they don't contact anyone for 5 days? Such a huge red flag. I know it's the 70s, but I'm watching the Bundy doc at the moment and all those girls were reported missing fairly quickly, and they were college students. I just don't buy it.

Not to mention, when they did report it, it was to an FBI office number? Why not 911? I don't get it.

And then later, they let the abductor hang out with their daughter literally all the time, and then when she goes mising AGAIN they don't even seem worried? Like months pass and they're like 'oh I hope she's ok. She's a prostitute now? Gee that sucks'.

Don't buy any of it.

16. I'm gonna dive into the Adnan Syed documentary on HBO now. YAS BITCH YAS.

Maria likes this.
  17. The Case Against Adnan Syed completely changed my opinion on Adnan's guilt. A must watch for fans of the podcast.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  18. HorseTears and Baby Clyde like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.