True crime! | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

True crime!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Wonderful news! And, yes, s2 of In The Dark is easily one of the best true crime podcasts ever. Just, be prepared for your blood pressure to rise. I hadn't followed the SCOTUS case, so I was unaware that this victory does not prevent Mississippi from trying him a seventh time. God, I hope they let it go.

2. The Confession Tapes Season 2 is out on Netflix. I CAN'T WAIT TO BINGE ON THIS OVER THE WEEKEND.

OlliMaus likes this.
  3. Doug Evans can try (Fuck knows how that is allowed) but the In The Dark team have done such a good job dismantling the conviction there isn’t really a case anymore. And as has been shown in some of his previous convictions without a hand selected white jury you don’t get a conviction in the first place.

mump boy likes this.
  4. The Confession Tapes Season 2 was basically trash.

Just in case anyone of you wanted to watch it, DON'T.

johnny_tsunami and Big Bang like this.
  5. Crikey.

Just watched I love you, now die.

And it’s a lot.
    My feelings are all over the place.

6. Yathhhh thanks for the reminder I shall download it now!

Nwonder likes this.
  7. Any True Crime hunnies familiar with the Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes case? That man from Nantes, France, who killed, dismembered and buried his family in their house’s garden and disappeared?

He just got caught in Glasgow after 8 years on the run! And he got plastic surgery! omg.

codecat and Nwonder like this.
  8. Oh wow.

junglefish likes this.
  9. Is there a documentary for this MADNESS?

mump boy, Nwonder and junglefish like this.
  10. I have no idea ddd. It got constant coverage in 2011 in France tho. There’s probably gonna be one soon for sure! I’m still gagged he got plastic surgery. He apparently got remarried in Scotland.
    Stay tuned for any updates xxx

codecat and Judy Jetson Hooker like this.
  11. I just Googled and yeah they had like two episodes but it's in French. Netflix needs to do their own 8 part version with the updates!

junglefish likes this.
  12. Hunnies.
    It wasn’t him ddd. I-
    [​IMG]

Judy Jetson Hooker and codecat like this.
  13. I think I’ve been watching too much true crime before bed lately. I keep dreaming about cases.

I just discovered the Delphi case and it blows my mind
    that they have the guy on film including his voice yet the case has gone cold.

Poor poor girls.

junglefish likes this.
  14. Is this creepy? I wanna be able to actually sleep tonight.

Nwonder likes this.
  15. Highly recommended, possibly my favourite True Crime documentary:

16. Seeing the footage of the killer walking towards the girls and hearing his voice creeped me out (esp right before bed). As well as the nature of the crime (being that it was two young teen girls)

If you do decide to watch I recommend watching it during the day!

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  17. OH MY GOD, this was so well done and compiled. It was recommended to me on YT and thought you true crime whores might wanna watch...

Nwonder likes this.
  18. Nicole Atkinson (Shannan’s friend) is a total badass. The way she she held her own against Chris Watts, all whilst his giving her evils, and forced her way and the officer inside his home. It was uncomfortable to watch but I have so much respect for her.

Thank you so much for sharing! I was glued to my seat for the entirety.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  19. I’ve seen this a couple of times and it really is one of the strangest things I’ve heard about.

constantino likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.