Tulisa | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Tulisa

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by playboy69, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

She sounds good but she sounds like a combination of Mutya (just a little bit, no pun intended) and Pixie.

2. Gonna be hard for her to top the Britain's Got Talent spectacle, to be fair.

3. Drag IT!

One of the best singles of the year. Her competition STAYS being talentless dirt trash. Her rasp works to her advantage, just like it does for any one of those anonymous Swedish blonde things with a cheap electro beat and ~meaningful~ lyrics everyone stans for.

4. I like it. Not a fan of hers really but this is pretty damn good.

5. I just wish the production wasn't quite so much of a Kiesza rip off, because the actual song is really good.

6. This is where I'm at too. I keep getting distracted by how similar it sounds to Hideaway and not fully appreciating the merits of the actual songwriting.

7. Ooh, I really like this. Well done.

8. Addicted to this song.

9. Can't stop listening to this.

10. ADM

ADM

I watched the documentary last night, from what it seems, maybe I'm wrong, but she kind of got lucky when that the Jurno messed up. After all, she did give him a number for a man who could supply cocaine. No matter her claimed feeling on them, she still done it.

11. She gave a phone number. To a sleaze bag. Even if that. Chill.

12. The press set up a fake movie telling her she was going to be a movie star with a fake director. Just to try to expose her

13. I'm also getting Hideaway vibes from this song but this is miles better than Hideaway anyway.

Jessie J and Tulisa are the UK queens of pop.

14. Are you joking?

15. The last Tulisa thread was absolutely hilarious with the snark.
    That makes me even more surprised that I'm feeling this song so much!

What on Eaaarrrrth

16. 'Hideaway' itself is shit so hearing Tulisa imitate it, beat for beat, is just terrible.

17. I don't even know this Hideaway thing you lot keep talking about so don't really care for them sort of comparisons.

18. Never change.

19. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

It's actually quite good. I'd like it more if I didn't know it was her. It loses points for being such a blatant bandwagon hopper though. It's hard to get too excited about something that sounds like it was recorded 20 years ago though, when I was there the first time. You youngsters seem to enjoy it though. I'll get my pipe and slippers.

20. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Sounds like Hideaway. It's good. I hope it's a hit for her, she deserves a break after the shit she's been put through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.