Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, May 24, 2017.
It just means you're currently online. Try hovering your mouse over it and it will confirm that.
I know that this isn't a tweak as it's always been the case but I just wanted to say that this is by far the best thing about this forum. It's the reason that I've been posting for 10 years!
I think it's incredibly depressing if the lack of "lol" is what makes you love Popjustice.
What happened to the pop-ups?
Sometimes I wish I could be more like you, sometimes they don't wanna give your credit to you.
Wouldn't be a Destiny's Child if it wasn't for you!
Wait...Got a little bit carried away there...but let me take the opportunity to post this whilst also reiterating how everyone here has a high opinion of you, for obvious reasons:
There's obviously been some fuck ups/messy situations concerning moderator decisions and stuff over the years but I think overall, this is one of the best forums I've been a part of when it comes to all that. A lot of y'all at least put in the effort to listen to some of the issues that we bring up and while there's still room for improvement, things have been getting better and the update to the rules shows that.
I don't think anyone outright dislikes you! Well, maybe there's a couple but I never really see outright hatred. We don't all agree on every decision made concerning the forum so I recognize that you get the brunt of that but I do like seeing your opinions on things. Not to turn this into a foaming at the mouth Peter Robinson appreciation essay, but it must be said that while this is a pop music forum on the surface, it really is a great community when you dig in a little deeper. Especially when a lot of us (the majority of us?) are LGBT. It's really comforting seeing the entire forum come together and mourn and talk and try to use humor to take our minds off of things when stuff like Pulse happens and a lot of us don't have the privilege of being able to be around a lot of queer folks in the real world so while a lot of this place is definitely having a kii over Demi Lovato's latest tomfoolery, I really find it to be an important community for a lot of us. There's a reason why I've stayed here, consistently posting over the years while my ATRL account is hanging on by a thread.
How have I never noticed this before?
I guess you've given up on the 'write fully formed sentences' thing? Sometimes I don't know what the f*ck people are on about.
I saw somebody describe Sasha Velour as a "woke queer art ho" and literally didn't understand it. It looked like four random words placed next to one another. It's worse than Tumblr on here sometimes.
You're really upset this entered the ABBA rate thread, aren't you, hun? I get it though.
Nah, not really. I stumbled into this thread, saw the post and decided to chip in ha ha.
A few years I was adamant I would never say "fierce" and "werk!" in general conversation, but I liberally use them now!!
There is... irony here.
God help me, this is probably going to come off far more abrasive than I mean for it to, but sometimes people complaining about the lingo a lot of us use is worse than actually using said lingo. Most of us can put together full sentences and be eloquent, you know.
Plus I think we do a fairly decent job of keeping the more liberal and heavy use of it to Off Topic, for the most part, but what do I know.
Woke - to be aware of social issues.
Queer - to have same gender attraction or non-cis gender identity.
Art Hoe - a label one assigns themselves about what type of hoe/heaux they want to be - you can be a sad art hoe, a messy art hoe, a tv hoe, a film hoe, you're a hoe/heaux for that type of media, that's the real good shit you're all about. You can even be a sad paranormal heaux if that's your interest.
So Sasha, a white affluent gay man who does drag, is a socially conscious queer enthusiastic consumer of art as a medium.
I was using it as an example. A few years ago, that kind of language would have been clamped down on.
I'm not even sure what's so difficult to understand when 95% of the time it's a single word in a sentence that will more than likely provide context and therefore a definition to the word at hand and the other 5% where it perhaps consumes a whole sentence it's being used humourously or ironically so therefore doesn't matter anyway. I can't at the main example being brought up coming from the fucking Drag Race thread of all places too.
Grumble: Constant use of scalped and shook are driving me fuckin crazy.
You sound shook. xx
There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back teas
Why are y'all so easily triggered???
Re-quoting this for emphasis
Separate names with a comma.