Tweaked rules | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Tweaked rules

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Popjustice, May 24, 2017.

1. You kids need to get off my lawn!!

2. I don't know if this is the right place to go mention this, but maybe it'd be fine to un-censor [email protected] now? It's not really used all that much anymore (especially compared to some other expressions mentioned in this topic, none of which are censored), and it's a bit annoying to see it as **** when it's part of a song title.

3. My PJSC entry impact.

Sprockrooster and soratami like this.
  4. @Popjustice, since you've been active on the forum recently, any chance of taking care of this?

5. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

Done!

6. @Popjustice @SockMonkey Is it still possible to get a username changed? Asking for a friend. No, but seriously, what the hell was I thinking?

kal and ohnostalgia like this.
  7. I have to copy and paste your username every time I tag you.

8. That's exactly why I'd like to change it. Too much hassle for multiple people. Bad decisions coming back to bite, etc.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. Popjustice

Popjustice Administrator

PM me with what you want it to be!

10. Well. I hope this isn't the improved username.

Also, Peter, remember when I asked you to change my username to RedTitsney and you never responded? That was fun. I don't want it changed now, though, ddd.

We hate everyone though?

VivaForever likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

Chris_P likes this.
  12. Actually it was supposed to be 4am. I'm still patiently waiting though I started doubting whether my PMs had gone through.

Chris_P likes this.
  13. Question (idk if this is the right place to ask) but are we not allowed to use gifs at all? And im not talking about spamming them but just putting them at the end of our posts to add a little flare @Popjustice

SockMonkey likes this.
  14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

I don't know where we are with GIFs really. They're like Japanese knotweed on the forum these days. I don't think it's such an issue in Off Topic, but I think the general rule of "don't use a GIF when you can express what you're trying to say with words" still stands in the main forums. If your response is just a GIF and nothing else, you're not trying hard enough.

I know what you mean about adding a little flair at the end of a post, but your post should have said it all without the need to reiterate with a picture. It's when pages of threads are just people responding with 5 or 6 words and then posting three GIFs that it starts to become boring and uninteresting.

(I've made progress here, I used to delete those mothergiffers on sight.)

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. I’m shocked that I’ve had posting privileges revoked in the Ariana Grande thread. A poster had a go at me and I asked why they were so aggressive. My final post in there was to say the album was growing on me. I pop in today to find I can’t post in it.

The moderation decisions made on this board are confusing, often unfair and quite offputting. There appears to a certain group of people who can say absolutely anything, with no accountability. Try to take them up on it, and you find yourself suspended, banned or have posting privileges revoked. Meanwhile, the aggressive poster is left entirely unchecked with no adminishment. I’d be all for strict moderation, but only if it applied to all posters. That’s absolutely not what happens.

*awaits abuse/banishment*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.