Twenties | The Popjustice Forum

Twenties

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by torontodj, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Is anybody watching this show, created by Lena Waithe?

It's so good and yet it seems so many are sleeping on it. It just finished its first series on BET.

All three leads - Jonica T. Gibbs, Chrsitina Elmore and Gabrielle Graham - are fantastic.

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  2. Yes! Mentioned it in the Insecure thread. It truly is 2020’s most underrated show thus far. It’s equally funny and affecting, the three leads are all so charming/charismatic, and I adore their chemistry as a group.

I hope this picks up steam as it goes on, and gets picked up for another season at the very least.

slaybellz likes this.
  3. THIS IS SO GOOD!!!!

slaybellz, lushLuck and torontodj like this.
  4. I can't wait for it to come back.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. For UK hunties it's currently on BBC Iplayer.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Yes, please go discover this show!!!! It is incredible & everyone is missing out!

Lemme post a visual component in here as inspiration:

slaybellz, 4Roses and torontodj like this.
  7. New season starting today.

Maybe because it's been so long but it looks like they got a higher budget this season.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I'm really enjoying this season. I was worried about the show since there was a long delay because of COVID but the show has picked up where it left off with no issues.

They even played Gaga's version of La Vie en Rose during the scene between Hattie and Ida B.

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  9. Yeah this season has been just as enjoyable as the first.

slaybellz likes this.
  10. The second season… they really needed to storyboard the plot better. It felt like a collection of loose vignettes, the plot juddering along in fits and starts.

Still a fun and enjoyable show but absolutely not hitting its potential.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I hope this gets renewed for a third season! I had seen a couple episodes when it first came out but kinda forgot about it cause it wasn't available to watch legally here and was a hassle to watch. But I recently found out it was now on streaming AND there was a 2nd season much to my surprise. If this was on Netflix you know they would have cancelled it after 1 season.

Anyway finished both seasons in a couple weeks and now i'm craving more. This is the closest i'll probably ever get to seeing myself "represented" on TV so it's nice to see. That scene where Hattie and Marie were singing "Finally" by CeCe Peniston in the restaurant. Literally me dd!

torontodj and lushLuck like this.
  12. It's weird that there is absolutely NOTHING about the third season, whether it's going ahead or canceled. I know it's a show that flies under the radar, but it would be nice to have at least some news.

4Roses, lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.