TWICE | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

TWICE

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by squirrelfriend, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Whether you like the song or not (I do), the amount of pressure on a Big 3 debut act must be enormous and they really crushed it. There aren't many debut videos that much better than this... it's inventive and dynamic, but it also establishes each of the members and their ongoing personas, dimplequeen Nayeon, dancequeen Momo, miss body Jiyho, badass Chaeyoung and Dahyun, cute but fumbling Sana, etc, right off the bat... within 30 seconds you know them. It's basically, "how to do a debut video." It's always impressed me even before I actually liked them.

2. For me it's
    1. Likey
    2. Signal/TT
    3. What Is Love?
    4. Dance The Night Away
    5. Like Ooh Aah
    6. Heartshaker
    7. Cheer Up
    8. Knock Knock

The one thing everyone can agree with is that they have amazing videos everytime they comeback except maybe Dance The Night Away which isn't bad but could've used some better camera work.

3. 1. TT
    2. Signal
    3. Knock Knock
    4. Likey
    5. Like Ooh Aah
    6. Dance The Night Away
    7. What Is Love?
    8 Heartshaker
    9. Cheer Up

4. I can't hate Cheer Up when it has that amazing video (that I mostly love because of Momo's scenes).

5. I still don’t get Signal’s popularity. Easily one of the worst songs from the last couple of years.

6. If we're ranking the singles:

1. Signal
    2. TT
    3. Likey
    4. One More Time
    5. Like Ooh Aah
    6. Cheer Up
    7. What is Love?
    8. Dance the Night Away
    9. Heart Shaker
    10. Knock Knock
    11. The rest of their Japanese singles

Cotton Park likes this.
  7. Hmmm.

1. Likey
    2. What Is Love?
    3. Like Ooh Aah
    4. TT
    5. One More Time
    6. Cheer Up
    7. Heart Shaker
    8. Dance the Night Away
    9. Knock Knock
    10. Signal

8. I attempted to watch one of their concerts last night (Twiceland Encore or something), but something didn't click with me for reason. I don't understand how their music videos can be so amazing when everything else seems to be so lacking. It won't stop me from wanting to buy their CDs though because of how pretty they are.

9. Why does everyone hate Knock Knock?!

HappyBirthday likes this.
  10. I love Knock Knock because it reminds me of Aqua...

Shockbox likes this.
  11. ddd JYP pleaseeeee

PopZeitgeist and Slice of Life like this.
  12. DDDDDDDDDDDDDD THE REVOLT

But really, I am wishing and hoping and praying that JYP doesn't limit these girls to just super feminine concepts. I'm ready for Twice 2.0.

Rem, Island, Seger and 3 others like this.
  14. I finally listened to their discography over the weekend and they’re really a classic Kpop girl group in the sense that all their releases are title + filler.

But ooops I think I like Dance The Night Away now.

15. I like Twice but Korea really need to get taste.

16. I’ve been listening a lot of TWICE this last week and I get it. They’re a bit robotic on stage but generally their success is deserved.

17. [​IMG]

send photo likes this.
  18. No shade but don't Twice have like the worst discography among the third gen girl groups?

Shockbox and SloMover like this.
  19. I don't think Twice got the memo when k-pop acts collectively realised that it's probably better if you have albums/mini's full of bops a couple of years ago. I do love their title tracks but I regret it when I was suddenly obsessed with them and Sixteen for, like, a week this summer.

SloMover and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  20. "Korea needs to get taste".... Ok, so those years of SNSD at #1 were them being tasteless too, right?

send photo and junglefish like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.