Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon (2nd Album - 3rd Sep 2012) | The Popjustice Forum

Two Door Cinema Club - Beacon (2nd Album - 3rd Sep 2012)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by D.Jay, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Not sure if anyone's a fan on here, but Two Door Cinema Club, announced their new album 'Beacon' yesterday that will out September 3rd (UK) and 4th (US).

Artwork:
    [​IMG]

Tracklist:
    1.'Next Year'
    2.'Handshake'
    3.'Wake Up'
    4.'Sun'
    5.'Someday'
    6.'Sleep Alone'
    7.'The World Is Watching (with Valentina)'
    8.'Settle'
    9.'Spring'
    10.'Pyramid'
    11.'Beacon'

Deluxe Version Tracks TBC.

Album Trailer (Feat. Previews of 'Handshake' and one other album track): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-2-XlHP9wzM

Press Release and Shot:
    [​IMG]
    'Beacon', which is the follow up to 2010's 'Tourist History', was recorded in LA in April with producer Jacknife Lee (Bloc Party, U2, REM) in his home studios.

Speaking about the new album, singer Alex Trimble said: "'Beacon' is a much more intimate record than our first, but at the same time, it's much bigger and more inclusive. Trying to find that balance has been our goal for a long time and this record takes us one step closer to the band we've dreamt of becoming". He added:"Working with Jacknife Lee was a joy and a pleasure. He shared our goals and played a huge part in putting the pieces together in the right way. This is an exciting time for us and we can't wait to share the songs with everyone."

So so excited for this, saw them earlier in the year preview some tracks and it sounded amazing then. Plus 'Tourist History' has been my no.1 summer album since 2010.

2. Very excited for this, hope it's no sophomore slump! 'Tourist History' was a monster of an album, I've seen them about 5 times in the last 2 years & any new material they ever played always sounded pretty faithful to the Two Door-blueprint.

That album cover is hideous however....looks like something the Smashing Pumpkins would have used mid 90's.

3. If this album is as good as the title, it will be amazing.

4. Thank you for the news. Their first album is a masterpiece, I discovered them via Florrie (thank you Florrie !). Hope the new one will be at the same level. But the cover is hideous and gives me bad vibes (like an actual rock artwork).

5. The front cover is amazing and they were brilliant when I saw them live last year. I'll no doubt check this out.

6. That is some art work!

7. Yes! I love love LOVE them! They played a few new songs last time I saw them and they all sounded of the same high standard as their debut. I'm excited.

8. Yes! I need new music from them, I think I've already tired out Tourist History. (Still a good album though.)

9. Ohhh great!

10. Jam

Jam

Play.com and HMV have the deluxe edition as a 2 disc with the second as:

Disc 2

Cigarettes In The Theatre (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Undercover Martyn (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Do You Want It All? (Live At Brixton Academy)
    This Is The Life (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Something Good Can Work (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Handshake (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Costume Party (Live At Brixton Academy)
    You're Not Stubborn (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Settle (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Eat That Up, It's Good For You (Live At Brixton Academy)
    What You Know (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Sleep Alone (Live At Brixton Academy)
    Come Back Home (Live At Brixton Academy)
    I Can Talk (Live At Brixton Academy)

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/33316845/0/Beacon/ListingDetails.html

11. What even is that album cover.

12. Thanks for posting this! What a bloody bargain, their live stuff is better than studio versions and packaged alongside the new album signed! Best £10.99 spent!

13. I only recently listened to Tourist History for the first time, and loved it, so it's pretty sweet to have a new album to look forward to so soon.

14. Their first album is one I forget I have but when I come across it and give it a listen again I always think it's such a good, easy listen. Looking forward to this.

15. That album cover, yikes. But I guess it's all about the music, etc.

The album sounds so good though, ugh.

16. RJF

RJF

I saw them live last year and it was one of the most surprisingly crazy gigs I've ever been to. So of course, a good time was had.

The debut was brilliant; I hope this follows in its footsteps. I'm surprised to see a lot of love for them here of all places.

So much indie to look forward to in September! Vaccines, Muse, Mumford & Sons...

17. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Excellent. Although I'll wait for the reissue with remix disc like I did with the first album. (Sorry, but I prefer their Kitsune type remixes to the originals for the most part).

18. Jam

Jam

19. RJF

RJF

I really like this new track. It feels a bit more reserved than anything else on the debut and the melody of it really shines through.

So much good music in September. I may end in some kind of music coma.

20. The new track is excellent. I'm glad they've diverted somewhat from the repetitive nature of their debut.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.