U.S. Politics | Page 1664 | The Popjustice Forum

U.S. Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Veritaserum, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Does the thread believe any of these “all presidential candidates must release their tax returns or else they’re not on the ballot” state initiatives will go anywhere? I assume Trump wouldn’t win California (for example) in a general election, but I saw a chart somewhere which posited that he still needs blue state support to earn enough delegates to clinch the nomination.

Also, out of curiosity, has Trump *gained* a sizable fan base in the past few years? Is there a pool of MAGA converts looming somewhere? I would have to imagine there are more people who supported him in 2016 but have seen the light than there are people who didn’t support him in 2016 but have seen the darkness...

2. I. Am. Cackling.

3. Look I’m sorry I basically only come in here to harp on this but who the fuck is doing his graphic design and what candidate do they actually work for

NEED LICENSE
    DRIVE CAR
    SHOULD ONE
    OWN GUN

4. Why is this making me think of the episode of Always Sunny where Dee and Dennis try to buy an AR-15

5. Kamala collapsing the most because Biden took almost half of her share...

Biden really shaping up to be the nom and handing Trump 4 more years...

6. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

I just feel like Biden is going to get washed in the debates? Anyone else think so? Maybe they won't matter.

7. Biden is polling the best against Trump though.

I’ll take pessimism over Biden being the nominee and the lost opportunity for a progressive agenda or pessimism over Trump getting re-elected but both feel a little contradictory at this current point in time.

8. Clinton also polled higher than Trump. Biden has the same issue as Clinton - the inability to excite. His base very neatly overlaps Clinton's who weren't enthusiastic enough to win 2016. This "everyday man rural Joe" claim DNC heads and centrists have tried to peddle is going to backfire when no one goes out to vote because they find someone pleasant.

It also ties back to the myth of "rural voters reject progressivism" when time and time again showed that economic progressivism is extremely popular with rural voters and cultural progressivism was not. When you lack the former, rural populations inevitably reject the latter. Moderates didn't do best in rural communities in the mid-terms - they did best amongst upper middle class suburbs, which will always swing back to Trump come election time because rich people vote with their wallets as they continually do.

9. 3Xs

3Xs

Imagine fucking over an entire generation just because of your own selfish desire to run for president for the 3rd time. Boomers really are something else.

10. It's just shocking how it's *literally* the same mistake as 2016.

Democrats will blow all their money on poorly place TV ads that only highlight negatives about Trump, will try to serve hash-tag relatability with millennials with a policy plan that'll amount to posting Throwback Thursday's with Obama while Joe does back-door dinners amongst the Wall Street and Professional Suburbanite crowds trying to convince them to vote for him, etc. while Trump preaches in the exact towns he needs to win about how Creepy Uncle Joe is trying to sell off American values to the Ukrainians.

All amounting to Biden losing with even less of a popular vote lead than Clinton had. Radical centrism really is wild.

11. LiK

LiK

Lets just disqualify all boomers not named Elizabeth Warren.

VivaForever likes this.
  12. Just catching up on an article I bookmarked a while ago: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/04/mueller-report-release-barr-trump/587176/

It's SO clear that Trump obstructed justice and yet the Dems won't even begin hearings. This goes so far beyond politics, it's about upholding the law and holding corrupt presidents to account, and the Dems are just like...meh. It's so disappointing. They haven't even got this tax returns yet: https://nyti.ms/2J31bhi

Like what is even the point of congress right now.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  13. To be fair, it's not like they aren't trying to get his tax returns. Trump and Mnuchin are doing the absolute most to drag that fight out.

Though I suspect Auntie Maxine will personally break into the IRS and snatch those documents any day now.

HorseTears, Hyrulian and Ashling92 like this.
  14. This is all true, but I think you’re underestimating this strategy. It can work in 2020 because 1) Trump as a threat to Democrats is realized and not potential (as it was in Clinton’s race) and 2) Biden is a man.

He will have a much easier time than Hillary did for those two reasons.

15. I don't have much faith, but if Biden does win, I'm scared to know what monstrous demagogue the country will elect after four to eight more years of "moderate" neoliberalism.

sexercise, Cathal, acl and 11 others like this.
  16. Shenanigans in Tennessee. This House of Reps bullshit with Glen Casada is crazy. His now ex chief of staff was doing coke in the capitol on the regular, sending sexual and racist text messages between the two of them, and getting paid 200k for a part time job as a chief of staff for some dumb fuck GOPer in Tennessee of all places?

Now Casada has hired the corrupt piece of shit who helped send out racist mailers against our ex three term Democratic representative Nathan Vaughn who also happens to be running for Mayor now and there's rumblings of shenanigans happening with that as well!

The rot is everywhere.

Cathal and AshleyKerwin like this.
  17. The (new/newly released depending on who you ask) Sandra Bland video... devastating.

18. Beyond words.

inevitable and WowWowWowWow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.