U.S. Politics | Page 2113 | The Popjustice Forum

U.S. Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Veritaserum, Feb 16, 2016.

1. lol like joe seasons his food!

Mr.Arroz, BeingNormal, Blond and 19 others like this.
  2. @superglowy preparing a tasty dessert for the Biden Inauguration

[​IMG]

3. Comrades Britney, Ari, and Dua will be spared at the gulags, amen.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020

4. Not a Cheney talking some sense.

5. [​IMG]

6. Oh this is fucking gross.

Me right now.

upload_2020-3-24_23-47-30.jpeg

7. [​IMG]

8. We're so truly fucked. We're about to get 4 more years of Trump.

Imma about to organize all my ladies to scream at the DNC for the next 4 years.

nooniebao, Future Lover and Sanctuary like this.
  9. I... hope Biden picks Warren for Veep.

10. Meanwhile...

During a press conference Monday night, Newsom reported that the daily average of claims over the last seven days is 106,000. The normal average per day is just 2,500, meaning the number of jobless claims has increased by over 4,000%.

People might be stupid and love Trump's handling of this, but we're going to have an enormous piece of the population out of work for the foreseeable future, and that's going to cause huge issues for him.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The VP pick is never the ‘front runner’.

12. This stimulus bill is an abomination. Does it have to pass the House?

inevitable likes this.
  13. I, like half of the population, have lost out on work while quarantined so I'm very curious to see how the conversation shakes out in these final days of March. Definitely a pipe dream to imagine the fed would do anything for poor and working people but I remain vaguely hopeful that some initiative will bail me (and people in worse situations than me) out of taking huge losses for this, although that right seems to be reserved for banks and destructive industries "lol".

The implications of this moment are so far reaching it makes my head spin. This is going to effect so much of the rest of our lives. The democrat plan including a digital currency thus paving the way for USD to absolutely nosedive? The social security generation being obliterated and allowing the government to raid public wealth? The population being more distant, inactive and online than ever? Sending people "back to work" in the next two weeks?! This timeline is on some absolute Twilight Zone shit.

Mr.Arroz, 3Xs, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  14. It’s a step in the right direction but it’s still mostly crap and no I don’t think it’s gonna pass the House but I’m not sure it has to either? At least there is a provision that states Trump and his kids can’t get a dime going towards their businesses and that goes for any other elected official who owns businesses as well, still too much money though for the corporate bail out side of things although they now can’t use the money to buy stocks. More funds need to be put towards safeguarding elections than the now included 400 million, more towards expanding unemployment, and also other benefits especially for freelance workers and those who are disabled. There is a requirement that they can’t hinder collective bargaining as well.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020

15. Of course Sasse, Scott and Graham think giving people 100% of their salary via unemployment AND the $1200 check incentivizes them to be unemployed.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.