U.S. Politics | Page 2115 | The Popjustice Forum

U.S. Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Veritaserum, Feb 16, 2016.

1. When and How Will I Get That $1,200 Stimulus Payment?

So this isn’t gonna be nearly enough. I hate Republicans.

2. So between this Biden graphic rape account getting more attention online and people thinking Trump is handling an epidemic well, he's definitely getting re-elected

3. Not even being shady or messy, but I hope this economically affects my father's household in ways that will have them needing to rethink their very understanding of the system. I keep in contact with my mother and siblings as well as my house mother (I'm a drag daughter in the House of Acceptance~ etc) more than him, quite frankly because these moments in history should be lessons of what you allow when you vote on misguided principle and "at least he speaks his mind!!!". I refuse to have sympathy for people that openly voted and maintained support for him despite the racist, sexist, and xenophobic that he's said, and the LGBTQIA+ protections that he's rolled back. Suffer, you ignorant fucks. I don't care anymore.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  4. I just cannot believe that on the same day it was reported how unemployment claims jumped by 3 million that the stock market fucking jumped over 1000 points and yet people still think that is a sign of how well the economy is doing??? Jesus Christ.

5. Apparently Donny called up his lackeys on Faux Noise tonight and said he doesn’t understand why Cuomo is asking for so many ventilators—“You go to major hospitals, sometimes they have two ventilators.” What the absolute fuck. And then he said he was going to probably deny Michigan’s request for emergency support because they criticized the federal response. May he and everyone who enables him all painfully shuffle off and reunite with their distant relative, Satan.

6. Expected shittiness from Trump aside, this seems exceptionally... electorally ill-advised.

Aester, inevitable and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. Ugh.

James2009 likes this.
  8. I just... don't understand what people are seeing? What are they approving of? His denial that there's an issue? Refusing to give aid to states that need it? Valuing the economy over human life? Blatantly lying about the fact that he slashed CDC funding and ignored warnings? Lashing out at reporters?

Is 52% of the country literally shit-for-brains?

9. As I grow older, I take this as fact and try to live with it, despite aspiring towards humanist ideals.

10. I think they're rallying around the flag for now because it makes them feel better, but they'll stop doing it once people they know start dying. Which is going to start happening soon because President Fuckface doesn't "believe" in the need for more ventilators. Jesus Christ, he is so, so stupid and I am so, so angry.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  11. I've never been more serious about wanting to live out the rest of my life in another country.

12. Unfortunately things are gonna have to get a lot worse for Trump supporters to see past his veil of lies.

13. Sadly a lot of them are so sick and sadistic that they'll still support him even after multiple family members pass away.

14. I mean, even liberals are completely undiscerning for the most part. Not really shocked. We been knew he's got the re-election basically locked up at this point.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  15. Trump’s approval is already tanking this week on the issue so at least it was short lived. Real life repercussions are starting to hit and a lot of people are waking up, not enough for my liking but people are taking notice.

Hyrulian and theelusivechanteuse like this.
  16. I also learned the other day that over 50% of Americans have zero investments in the stock market, like not even 401ks or whatever. And 2% of the population owns 90% of the total stock. I honestly didn’t even realize it was that irrelevant.

17. I’m, perhaps naively, operating under a similar assumption. We’ll see over the next month or so.

18. dddd sis, like 2/3rds of American workers don't have 401ks and most of the third that do are largely burdened in having to pay for their retirement instead of their employer. There's a few people who think such a focus on 401k plans actually has set back the labor and workers movement from real material gains.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  19. Is this like a marathon or something?

aaronhansome, Bobbyrae, Rob and 19 others like this.
  20. My aunt screaming that her 401k got wiped out by 250K the past month (she had close to a million) and my poor ass sitting there thinking my $5k in mine is big bucks. I only contribute the lowest possible rate of 1% because I truly think it's all bullshit and won't be told otherwise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.