UK entry 2020: James Newman | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

UK entry 2020: James Newman

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Rhombus, Sep 16, 2019.

?

Will the UK flop again?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Yes but like even worse this time somehow

50 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. I can't see Steps doing it. Considering Claire has said she doesn't want Steps to do it and said negative things about the contest.

2. With Steps being so divesive on the forum I am kind of hoping it is Steps for the UK. The mess here will be unmatched.

Rooting the most for Duffy though.

Sugaboy, James2009 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  3. Much as I stan Steps to hell and back - they aren’t exactly ‘Radio 1’ fodder so I can’t see it being them.

ItTakesAMuscle and Markus1981 like this.
  4. JLS are the most likely, right?

5. The announced tracks seem quite ballad heavy this year so if we brought a pop uptempo I think we could standout. Foxes would be great!

stuaw likes this.
  6. Isn't Kylie Minogue signed to BMG? Not that I'd ever assume she was doing Eurovision for the UK... could you imagine.

stevo_1988 likes this.
  7. Out of all the acts being thrown around, I think JLS would be the best fit. They can sing and dance, give them a banger and let's see.

8. MB

MB

I expect it’ll be a boring solo male artist like Ronan Keating or the like of.

Sugaboy and ladylloyd like this.
  9. Spotify recommended me Kerrie-Anne's Sweet Lies today - the 16th place that never was.

Rob, Sugaboy, Bookwormboy and 4 others like this.
  10. Does anyone know what time the announcement is due? All I’ve seen so far is that it’s on BBC Radio 1 & 2 on Thursday but not sure when?

11. Smart money is on between 9:30 and 10:00 as this is the only cross over time between Greg James and Ken Bruce

Sugaboy and MB like this.
  12. shit, I’ll be at work

13. I hope this doesn't end up to be absolutely awful after all this speculation and build up.

14. It’s absolutely will be awful and we all know it. If they had somebody great in the bag they’d have been parading them around every BBC outlet since January.

Rob, Sugaboy, mi|kshake and 3 others like this.
  15. Anything has to better than last year at least.

Sugaboy and mi|kshake like this.
  16. some of our entries over the last few years have been alright, just forgettable.

SuRie was robbed though, she deserved to do much better

Sugaboy likes this.
  17. The only thing notable about SuRie was that she got stage bombed

18. So was her microphone.

19. Dreaming that it’s Foxes with something like this.

20. This thread keep disappearing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.