UK Entry 2022 | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Entry 2022

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Punka, May 24, 2021.

1. Pretty much anyone from the UK who I spoke with about this song up until Saturday said they hated it, thought it would do poorly, thought the odds were overhyping it, etc. Two of my British friends flat out told me "this is not how we want to be represented." Since Saturday though those same people have been rooting for him to go number one on the official chart during this latest chart battle.

I think a lot of that is a learned behavior to automatically write off anything the BBC sends to Eurovision because of their long history of terrible results. But as an outsider I could tell this song was leagues above what the UK normally sends.

It's actually similar to how the Spanish public treated Chanel after Benidform Fest. They did not treat her well at all, but after she came 3rd she received a hero's welcome back to Spain. It's about the bigger picture, people.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  2. Best UK chart performance in 26 years. Jeeeesus

3. He missed out by just over 4k, due to Harry Styles getting 9k CD singles dispatched and added yesterday, annoyingly. Hopefully he can have a bit of staying power and not disappear immediately though.

Kadebostany, Txetxu and AllRed like this.
  4. No disgrace to lose out to Harry Styles and his mega massive fanbase.

Kadebostany, Txetxu and AllRed like this.
  5. No 2 is still amazing result and I hope he has a big career ahead of himself.

You could feel that he really enjoyed every second of the journey.

6. Fuck Harry Styles.

7. I can't get over the fact a EUROVISION entry was competing with HARRY STYLES for #1

8. GOD I love him so much :'(((((

AfternoonsInUtopia likes this.
  9. First look charts had Sam holding on at 4 behind Harry Styles so would be great for him not to drop like a stone

10. He was number 6 on Monday's update, and I don't think he's fallen since. So that's very respectable.

Wild Man. and Bookwormboy like this.
  11. Number 6 it is - good job

Alenko, Wild Man. and ~Paul~ like this.
  12. Solid sales too. It held better than I thought it would.

Wild Man. likes this.
  13. Sam absolutely slaying and stealing the show at the jubilee concert!

14. Sam is such a talent, that performance was absolutely incredible.

Wild Man. likes this.
  15. He stole the bloody show! And the crowd absolutely loved him! He is going to be so huge.

Wild Man. likes this.
  16. The same cannot be said about this ghastly Rod Stewart performance

17. OK, but what time are Electro Velvet on?

Rob and Booers like this.
  18. I said the same but for Jemini!

19. Just saw it and WOW. I love this man.

He is just completely sensational. An incredible talent.

That song is destined to become a classic.

cjwhite1 likes this.
    cjwhite1 and ~Paul~ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.