UK Eurovision Entry 2014 | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Eurovision Entry 2014

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by cjwhite1, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Kev

Kev

I think it could grow on me, a tad bland and her lower register on the verses could be improved. But I think the next step is having a decent promotional blitz like they did with Jade.

2. duckface

duckface Guest

I feel like every 'meh' Eurovision entry could benefit from a 7th Heaven Radio Edit.

3. Just seen her live performance of this and I'm quite impressed! We've no chance of winning but at least they've tried something new.

4. Her voice is brilliant.

5. Can we sweep in and steal Ace Wilder instead?

[video=youtube;Nhi5lKqz1Wo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhi5lKqz1Wo[/video]

6. Different enough... I think it might grow. I'm just glad they've finally tried a new tack.

7. UK Entry in good song shocker! It's a shame that the lyric is quite cheesy.

8. Using BBC Introducing as a pool of potential Eurovision entrants is a huge step in the right direction, but the song seems like such a non-event.

Thank god it's not Geri.

9. Step in the right direction in terms of look, and her being an unknown. She has an OK look and voice. But the song has about half a hook.

I'd have no problem with them finding the singer through BBC Introducing or even a Voice finalist (not necessarily the winner) and attaching them to the right song rather than it be self penned. Then you're not relying on a magic combination of a good singer/songwriter and you can engineer that combination.

10. The only major disadvantage is sending Molly and this song after Emmelie's win last year. The songs and their aesthetic aren't worlds apart.

11. First of all, this is definitely an improvement on recent UK entries. Her voice is great and the song is pretty decent. The chorus could have been a little better and less repetitive, but other than that, I really like it. One of the best songs chosen for Eurovision 2014 so far!

12. It's not for me but at least they are sending someone modern and relevant.

How much would we have to pay Sia for 2015?

13. I really like this and she has a great voice also

14. Love it!

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

It's a decent song but it could do with being a bit more exciting.

Did you ever hear the original happy hardcore version? That was something else.

Pretty much, yes.

16. This is our first entry in years that I like. I love her raspy voice and the song is giving me Frances Ruffelle realness.

17. SBK

SBK

I said the same thing on twitter last night haha!

I'm sure it'll do fair to middling when the votes come in... Top 15 maybe if we're lucky?

18. The studio version has very little oomph. The strings are nice but the chorus lacks any power whatsoever. Needs a remix.

19. I understand people being underwhelmed, but this is a great effort in my opinion. Girl can sing, I'm confident on the night with some dramatic production this will come across great. Definitely hoping for a top 10 placing.

Currently 6th favourite in what seems to be a very open playing field right now.

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision/winner

20. Don't shoot me but I prefer it when we go camp (in the Gina G way rather than Scooch).

It's just a bit bland and could do with 'pepping' up, anyone got the Freemasons number?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.