UK Eurovision Entry 2016 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Eurovision Entry 2016

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by andrew*, Sep 30, 2015.

1. They also did this in 1992-1994 with Michael Ball, Sonia and Frances Ruffelle and I always thought it was the best way of doing it but these days it seems received wisdom is TV audiences wouldn't have the patience to sit through 8 songs of varying quality by the same act.

2. Oh I know and there are also issues about undue prominence in dedicating a whole show to one artist, but if all tracks weren't yet commercially available they could get around it.

3. Chas and Dave would be AMAZING!!!

They'd probably win.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. To the viewing public Loreen is not a POC i had no idea she was of Moroccan origin (does that even really make you a POC ?) until googling her years later. Even if she was considered such it is a very different proposition to being black

The only black person who has ever won to my knowledge was that guy from this monstrosity

having said that i'm not so pessimistic in the past UK have done very well with Jade Ewen and Imani came 2nd in '98

to be honest we come up with a lot of excuses why we can't win Eurovision but as we all know the real reason is because we enter absolute crap

biffy77 and Rhombus like this.
  5. No they were not.

Alexandra looks like the most interesting possible contender. It needs to be a household name.

6. I can't see how anyone can deny that there is a clear racial bias in the Eurovision voting.

Especially when this bop didn't even make the final:

7. And this:

8. Also poor Tooji coming dead last in 2012.

9. She used a personal leftover from a three-year-old album (at that time), which tanked. This completely failed because of the song itself.

mump boy likes this.
  10. While he was a bit ropey in his performance no WAY did that warrant coming last.

Rhombus likes this.
  11. I didnt say there was no racial bias but it helps if you can sing !!

Baby Clyde likes this.
  12. There's one of them darned 'rates' for all UK entries 1990-2015 in the Lists... section right here

Slink on by and have your say!

[​IMG]

13. Some of the songs that didn't make it through the Beeb's selection process are starting to come out of the woodworks.

14. BBC just lets Hurts do it for gods sake.

mi|kshake likes this.
  15. Are people already throwing around excuses for not winning?!
    Racial bias at Eurovision out of ALL PLACES? Bitch, fucking, please.
    It's either eastern-block voting, overabundance of middle-eastern tinged sounds and now blue-eyed blondes who are only able to win there. You can't have everything at once as an excuse, really.

Jessy Matador was one of the biggest crossover hits from Eurovision in recent memory. Stella didn't go through finals because she butchered the already shit verses in her live vocal and performed at the beginning of the show.

Shockbox likes this.
  16. Are you blind?

phoenix123 and TheChoirgirlHotel like this.
  17. Pixie Lott's name is being bandied around, wouldn't be averse to that to be honest.

Just A Holy Fool likes this.
  18. I'm predicting Ben Haenow to be part of the UK selection. Do we know how many songs will compete?

19. Pixie Lott with a decent mid tempo song, could get us top 10 maybe top 5 if pushed properly.

20. i dont wanna jinx anything, BUT i have a feeling the uk will pull something out of the bag. esp with ireland stepping it up

TheChoirgirlHotel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.