UK Eurovision Entry 2018 - AnNie | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Eurovision Entry 2018 - AnNie

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Nov 16, 2017.

1. It's very flat.

We should start sending the Melfest runner-up.

popknark2 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  2. [​IMG]

3. Ha! I didn’t say I was actually GOING to partake, it’s just nice that they give you the option.

Still..... (wheeze) waiting ......... (panting) on ......... (just stopped breathing for a few seconds) Legends by Asanda to be released. Or are the other five songs going to be scrubbed from the internet as if they never existed?

Remorque and NecessaryVoodoo like this.
  4. WHERES SHINE A LITTLE LIGHT BY BIANCA @BBC

5. [​IMG]

This is still available though:

[​IMG]

You: NOT IN THE USA IT'S NOT.

6. Freedom Hearts by Olivia
    Wish I Loved You More by Holly

[​IMG]

Whew! Last year's You Decide had those passable average bops!

7. The video is...here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  8. Dddd at the top rated comment already being:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

phily693, Rhombus, Martyn and 6 others like this.
  9. When will this faux empowerment music die?

10. I hate the song too. Terrible.

11. You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.

eddy2375, Martyn and stevo_1988 like this.
  12. Am I the only one that loves the new version? Haha

Slamb likes this.
  13. I was feeling optimistic that they could rework it enough that it'd be less "accidental last place". But if anything it's worse. WHY have they lowered the key?

phily693 and Empty Shoebox like this.
  14. The song is dead in the water, but they could salvage the video by adding in a simple bit of product placement:

[​IMG]

15. Revamp is underwhelming. No extended middle 8 drum bit, lacking a real lift in the last chorus and the production just doesn’t really do much to help the song not that anything can help the song

Anyway, she seems like she’s loving it so best of luck to her, if she nails it live she might do okay.

16. Did they actively try & neuter this with the revamp? Not that it was exactly a world-shattering bop to begin with but it sounds like they've tried to make it more... chill(?) which is the completely WRONG way to go if you want to stand out in this year's pack. You can always count on the UK to be consistently bottom 5.

17. She gave a great live performance of a middling song yet they've taken away what did work about the track and replaced it with a chilled tropical house type sound which makes it sound like a top 30 one week, 87 the next generic dance track from summer 2017. Instantly forgettable.

phily693 and dynamite_state like this.
  18. It needed a few lyrical tweaks and to be made more anthemic, I'm not sure what the producers thought they we're doing making it more laid back. Although it is SuRie's live performance that sold it to the British public, I don't think its a winner - but as I do most years I will get behind our act

19. Just hearing this now.
    It sounds like a 2013 Avicii demo updated for a 2016 release.
    Not quite as obviously a 'former sound' knock off as last years German 'Titanium' homage, but still nothing that's likely to do much.
    Its OK.

20. What the flying fuck even is this song?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.