UK Ladies #1s of 2010s Rate | We have a winner! | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Ladies #1s of 2010s Rate | We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by saviodxl, Jun 7, 2021.

1. What’s Oath? Ddd

2. I'm still shocked by zero points! Who are you and what have you done with @berserkboi?

But is it Bang Bang? Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra or Cher?

Ezz, Phonetics Girl and berserkboi like this.
  3. The song being performed here dd

4. The first version I heard:

The definitive version is in Italian though:

5. Well...

Don't forget to flush!

[​IMG]
    Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger
    Date at #1: 13/08/2011

Weeks at #1: 1
    Average: 5.291
    Total points: 185.20

Max: 10.0 x 2 (@soratami, @Sprockrooster) 9.0 (@Ana Raquel) 8.8 (@Remorque)
    Min: 0.0 x 2 (@berserkboi, @2014) 0.1 (@TéléDex) 1.0 (@Conan)

Cher Lloyd got 4th place in the seventh season of The X Factor UK in 2010, a season that gave us a top three consisting of One Direction, Rebecca Ferguson and winner Matt Cardle. Although she did not win, she quickly signed to Syco, Simon Cowell's label.

In the following year she released Swagger Jagger as her debut single, that peaked #1 in its first week. As you can imagine, the critics were not really favorable, with comparisons to Christmas carols and western folk ballad Oh My Darling, Clementine. On YouTube, it almost hit the ratio of 50/50 for the like/unlike buttons, then the label asked for the feature to be removed from the music video.

A controversial start for Lloyd, but nothing that stopped her from getting more hits home and internationally, as mogul LA Reid saw her with potential for the US market. Want U Back was a hit stateside (peaking #12 there) and a top 30 in the UK. She had another moderate hit stateside: 'Oath' featuring Becky G. As a featured artist, her biggest achievement is Really Don't Care, with Demi Lovato (#92 in the UK, #26 in the US). Demi is somehow linked to another X Factor alumni!

Cher Lloyd's last appearance in the charts was in 2014 when single Sirens peaked at #41. Since then she became a mother, left Simon Cowell's label and have been releasing orphan singles as a main artist and featured as well.

What the PJ crew had to say:

@2014 - 0 - COMPLETELY HORRID

@TéléDex - 0.1 - How did this win? It's a nursery rhyme that is truly skippable, and all I'm thinking of is GloZell's review of it.

@R27 - 1.5 - A monstrosity. Internet troll music

@livefrommelbs - 4 - I prefer the opening seconds of the little Scottish girl singing Cher Lloyd by Cher Lloyd than this unflushed turd.

@Filippa - 4 - More like a children’s song and not a good one.

@daninternational - 6 - Glad the nursery rhyme sample craze is over

@Filler - 6 - It's not GOOD per se, but it IS shit, and sometimes that's the next best thing

@Verandi - 6,5 - So bad it's good? I guess. Don't judge me.

@Ana Raquel - 9 - This was a super hit at the dance school I used to take classes it. It makes me wanna return to dancing, despite being an absolute disaster in it.
    Cher Lloyd wishes she was back in the charts! nn

We lost the first track to get a 10! Next up: we lose the first track that didn't get a zero so far!​

BubblegumBoy, R27, Ezz and 16 others like this.
  6. And the 11/10 is Cher Lloyd by Cher Lloyd - a cultural moment that will outlast us all! Ddd

BubblegumBoy, Ezz, DJHazey and 10 others like this.
  7. That 4 I gave was generous! Must have been feeling particularly benevolent on that day.

8. Ten years later and it's still too ahead of its time for certain people.

Mvnl, DJHazey, WowWowWowWow and 3 others like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Swagger Jagger is one of the worst songs to ever be recorded I'm so embarrassed it exists.

BubblegumBoy, slaybellz, Ezz and 4 others like this.
  10. Sirens! Now that's an 11.

11. I can't believe Cher lost her song before Jessica Jay-sus. It's like we stepped into an upside down PJ alternative universe.

12. I have been wanting to say this, 'Why does no-one know how to flush a toilet...' to certain people in my household for a while. But I know they'll blush more than those two little girls. They're just not ready.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    slaybellz, Ezz, DJHazey and 3 others like this.
  13. Yes there probably is. But I was rating all the songs that I didn't know on the same day, and must have been in an extremely emotionally sensitive mood.

berserkboi and TéléDex like this.
  14. Back to a children's song that is actually good

berserkboi likes this.
  15. The Sheikh of Qatar is going to be so disappointed.

berserkboi likes this.
  16. Sirens is so underrated. It was #1 in my personal charts (but Swagger Jagger was nowhere near my top 40.)

17. This decision is as disastrous as my dancing skills

18. I once remember someone on Radio 1, I think it was Scott Mills, comparing Swagger Jagger to Smelly Cat. That memory of mine still amuses me to this day.

19. Yas preach. That entire album is incredible, it is like a completely different artist released it. Want U Back is a prisoner stuck on her terrible debut.

20. I didn't realize the children's rhyme thing. I had a soft spot for this song at one point, so that's why I gave an 8.25. I never use it anymore.

berserkboi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.