UK Politics: General Despondency + General Election 2024

I do kinda get that banker bonus caps have proven to be ineffective at doing anything to reduce income inequality, so it wouldn’t be worth bringing them back.

Still hate Keith and Rachel though, and the optics of the Tories removing the caps during a cost of living crisis is so gross.

I am a bit surprised that nobody here has mentioned this yet. To be clear, Streeting is saying that Labour will build trans-specific wards for all trans people, apparently regardless of sex (which then makes the insistence on single-sex wards extra confusing because apparently trans people don't need that?) - not just making trans people use wards based on sex rather than gender. Streeting is also saying that the NHS won't get any extra money so not sure how such wards would be built or staffed, aside from the fact that this plan is Extremely Illegal anyway.

I am a bit surprised that nobody here has mentioned this yet. To be clear, Streeting is saying that Labour will build trans-specific wards for all trans people, apparently regardless of sex (which then makes the insistence on single-sex wards extra confusing because apparently trans people don't need that?) - not just making trans people use wards based on sex rather than gender. Streeting is also saying that the NHS won't get any extra money so not sure how such wards would be built or staffed, aside from the fact that this plan is Extremely Illegal anyway.

Labour might say they'll do this but they won't. Everything at the minute is about appeasing critics and making empty election promises. I don't know what the answer is, but I truly despair at the state of the world right now.

"I would say that everyone starts as a leftie and then wakes up at some point after you start either making money, working, trying to run a business, trying to buy a home, and then realise what crap ideas they all are," she said. "And then you go to the right."

Wow, get fucked lady. It's clear she's confused 'realise what crap ideas they are' with 'become greedy and heartless the more assets you consume in the belief that you and only you are entitled to such things'.

Kiss Kiss sucked arse anyway.

Last edited:
"I would say that everyone starts as a leftie and then wakes up at some point after you start either making money, working, trying to run a business, trying to buy a home, and then realise what crap ideas they all are," she said. "And then you go to the right."

Wow, get fucked lady.

Kiss Kiss sucked arse anyway.

Holly Valance is a rancid little goblin but I actually thought what she said was quite insightful and if used properly, could be used to bring people back to the left.

It seems to be that when you come into money or are financially stable, it becomes all about 'how do I keep my money / get more money' rather than realising how fortunate you are especially compared to others. How do we stop this sickness setting into people once money comes into play?