UK Politics General Discussion | Page 642 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Apr 8, 2010.

1. I agree. I think it's idiotic that there is any attempt at all to get rid of this.

(I was saying that people are implicitly pressured into forgoing this right, so if anything we should be looking to strengthen this right in the UK rather than weakening it.)

mcuk and LTG like this.
  2. LTG

LTG

Damian Green has resigned.

3. Good. One down...

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. 620 to go...

nnnumb likes this.
  5. londonrain likes this.
  6. I like how the shady BBC report went on to list all the other countries who also have blue passports.

7. "Happy Brexmas! In the 2016 referendum, we wanted our passports back. Now we've got them back!"

But, no one ever took them away, Nigel. Were people really that upset about the colour before they were goaded into think it mattered?

JamieHT, mcuk and londonrain like this.
  8. Holy fuck I thought you were just mocking him and then I read the article ddddd

andru and londonrain like this.
  9. Also several EU countries have blue passports. We could have had blue passports and remained if we wanted. If that’s what it was all about.

JamieHT and londonrain like this.
  10. I find it astounding that an MP in favour of Brexit says that remainers are fanatical, yet in the exact same sentence goes on to say that the change of colour is "A great Christmas present for those who care about our national identity" and that "the restoration of our own British passport is a powerful symbol that Britain is Back!"

Do you own a mirror sis?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  11. Yeah, I mean anybody under the age of 45 will never have had a blue passport. The whole thing is just crazy.

12. Now they're getting their blue passports back, which appears to be what they wanted, can we just put an end to this farce?

13. Like, why even be excited about the color blue in 2017? She may be classic but she's played out.
    Give me a vibrant green, give me a subdued mauve, give me a pretentious blood orange. Does she even glow in the dark?

If we're going through all this shit for a change of passport color, can we get something garish and 'patriotic' that reflects the whole brexit mess? Just slap a Union Jack on it and be done.

14. Haha, right? It's ridiculous. He sounds like a rabid Britney stan (aka me) celebrating Britmas whenever a song leaks. I suppose they have to celebrate small wins like this because everything else they voted for is looking more like a dumpster fire.

londonrain likes this.
  15. Who switched it to burgundy anyway?

[​IMG]

michaelhird, Overdose and diamondliam like this.
  16. In possibly related news, a man told me to "fuck off back to Australia" earlier.

17. My Dad is happy to hear the blue passports will be reintroduced, but when I asked why it matters he couldn't give me a reason. Brexit all over, really, isn't it? As much as I encouraged him to vote, I'm always glad he didn't in the end because I know it'd be another vote for leave.

Overdose, JamieHT and londonrain like this.
  18. How random. Do you sound particularly Australian?

19. Some people think so - mix of a Brit and formative-years American accent = Australian I guess.

20. I constantly have people think I'm Australian*, my accent is however very south london, but I can sometimes understand what they think they hear.

*the other day in Paperchase the woman behind the counter said "oh you've kept your accent then...." I've never met her before in my life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.