UK Politics General Discussion | Page 644 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Apr 8, 2010.

1. The City really needs the EU, though - particularly the financial sector, who rely on “passporting” obligations in order to run European HQs out of London.

If we end up with a hard Brexit a lot of these banks will be forced to move their European HQs abroad.

JamieHT likes this.
  2. Eric Generic likes this.
  3. The boyfriend wrote to Caroline Lucas recently, querying the legality of the proposed freedom of movement for Northern Irish citizens due to this border issue - if they're UK residents and can have FoM, why can't the rest of us, etc.

He got this rather hilariously honest response:

"Unfortunately I cannot provide a full answer to your question because the inconsistency you've highlighted is just one illogical result of the Government's nonsensical approach to Brexit. All I can try to do, as your MP, is seek to protect the current right of all UK citizens to freedom of movement in the EU, and I am working hard to that end. It is really only Government ministers that can answer your question - I would be happy to pass on your correspondence to the Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, David Davis, though on past experience a coherent answer is unlikely to be forthcoming!"

4. I love it. The kind of honesty you'd only get from a minority party.

Tribal Spaceman and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Richard Leonard really is dreadful. His performance at FMQs today was abysmal.

6. Jacob Rees-Mogg is apparently only 48!?

Baby Clyde, andru and londonrain like this.
  7. You probably think he's been around longer because his father was a life peer.

8. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Hellspawn succubus confirmed

Pecans, sapnu puas, Overdose and 2 others like this.
  9. phily693 and Mikl C like this.
  10. This is like having your maths teacher help you solve an equation in front of the class.
    "...now perhaps if we multiply by x? Yes, good, good, and now what if we subtract the 95 from both sides..."

londonrain, phily693 and Mikl C like this.
  11. LTG

LTG

It's the only logical outcome. There cannot be a border.

James2009 likes this.
  12. Excited for the Daily Mail article.

londonrain likes this.
  13. The internet wins again.

[​IMG]

sfmartin, Pecans, andru and 1 other person like this.
  14. Terrifying, hilarious and more besides.

andru and phoenix123 like this.
  15. LTG

LTG

Omfg that’s hideous yet amazing.

andru, Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  16. They are hilarious!

Harriet Macmillan just doesn't have the time for you dahlink I'm off to marry my fifth millionaire husband.

Toni Blair is not impressed and wants to see the manager. She's already been waiting 15 minutes.

Mikl C, londonrain, aniraz and 6 others like this.
  17. Janet Major is just setting up her stall at the local fete and is hoping you like her home made quince jam.

Meanwhile Tabitha Heath downs another sherry and shoos one of her many cats out of the room….

18. K94

K94

John Major is Linda Barker - I can't .

andru, LTG, diamondliam and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.