UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel | Page 160 | The Popjustice Forum

UK Politics: Misery, The Sequel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bestinase, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I love how the Lib Dems manage to wash away all goodwill they’ve received over the last few hours with another stupid stunt.

Hairycub1969 likes this.

2. The added detail of this being in a dance studio has kept this in my mind all morning

LPT, Sam, beyoncésweave and 13 others like this.
  3. After declaring war with Ukraine, good ol’ Nadine has done it again.

4. World. War. Eleven.

5. Nadine might be the most brain dead MP to have ever existed… and there’s been competition

Mikal, GodsAndMonsters, Sam and 8 others like this.
  6. Can’t believe there have been five World Wars since Nicki declared WW6 in 2012.

7. Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    1986 likes this.
  8. "global cost of living challenge which no Prime Minister or gov has faced the likes of since WW11."

Girl...you and your government created these problems. The delusion!

9. Honestly, this party. But I don't expect anything less.

Lander, POPGASM and lob0to like this.
  10. lob0to and iveivan like this.
  11. Nicola launching the referendum and threatening Westminster that she’ll take it to the Supreme Court is SO funny

I love the dramatics

beyoncésweave, Lander, Blond and 8 others like this.
  12. Amongst all this, it's worth noting that section 4 of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022 comes into effect today.

The one that essentially makes the existence of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people illegal.
    https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...psy-roma-trespass-laws-cultural-annihilation/
    https://theconversation.com/the-pol...er-families-there-is-a-better-approach-174487

fuck the tories, fuck the filth. And fuck this watchdog announcing 'special measures' for the met. Nothing will change because the system is rotten to the core.

Lander, Sam, michaelhird and 7 others like this.
  13. Come through Nicola!

dikkoglimmer, RHOPJ and Overdose like this.
  14. Nicola has done her HOMEWORK, come through!

15. I pray Nicola wins. She has to really change the mindset of a lot of people, but I think she can do it.

Lander, Blond, zephyr and 1 other person like this.

16. The BloJo hashtag did make me lol.

17. I fucking love Nicola and I want independence for Scotland more than anything.

However I'm just not sure about the timing now with the whole cost of living crisis. That is going to be a huge hurdle to overcome for those campaigning for a Yes vote.

I really hope Scotland does come through though because in the long run it completely makes sense.

lob0to likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This needed a spoiler tag.

mcuk and kermit_the_frog like this.
  19. The government wants to introduce multi-generational mortgages. As in 50 year mortgages that your kids inherit if you die before the term ends.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...ar-mortgages-that-could-pass-down-generations

They'll do literally anything that isn't building social housing up and down the country. 3 million homes were built in the UK in the 1960s, a decade where the population increased by 3 million. In the past decade there has been an increase of over 4 million, yet only 1.3 million homes were built in the 2010s. Things seem really bleak here, but at the same time it's hard to know where to emigrate to that doesn't also have this housing problem.

20. So what are you supposed to do while you wait for your parents to die and you get to inherit the debt?
    Live with your parents indefinitely?
    Move out with your potential partner, before moving back in when it's your turn for the loan?
    Sit in a corner and sob deeply?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.